New bang4buck dac's?
Mar 5, 2017 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

itsthedanyole

Head-Fier
Hey everyone! It's been about 3 years since I've wanted an upgrade for my system and at this point, there is so much new I don't even know where to start. I was almost positive that I wanted a bifrost and my own home brew amp, but I learned about the burson conductor and even it is in v2 stages.

So, what I'm asking, to you penny pinchers out there, what's the new bang4buck DAC, amp, or combo? Where are the underdogs that surprise the masses? I'm a penny pincher but am not afraid to spend on just the right thing, what I know is a good value/dollar.

I use both headphones and loudspeakers, I have the original he400, schiit modi, fiio e18,onkyo txsr 606 and a bunch of old hifi speakers.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 5
Just for a dac, I would pay about $400, but am flexible if the end-all-be-all (for this price range) is a cpl hundred more.

I also noticed an increase in dac/amp combos, other than the Burson Conductor or the Schiit Jotunheim, I'd pay $1k or so for the right thing. But then again, I've heard f'n great things about the conductor who's already in that price range. What would you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back