New Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EX Released
May 30, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #47 of 53
Now my long term review.

These are *almost* my daily drivers.

First, this sound amazing playing music after you manage to find the right EQ on that horrible app, nothing beats them or come close. Amazing bass, good mids and outstanding highs. This not only beats my Sonys x3 and 4, buds pro, tone 8 and many other cheaper ones that I own. Not only that but the way they sound makes me prefer them over many of my IEMs like my shure SE846, adromeda, atlas and almost my vision ears 8.

That ONLY applies when it comes to music, for everything else they are not good, they can be competent when listening to other media but that's about it.

The horrible: the bluetooth is horrendous, the worst of any my earphones by far. Multiple disconnections on transited areas, wont able to connect several times after taking them out of the case, weird sudden low volume as if it were switching bluetooth conexion types and so on. Also the noise cainceling is extreamly week and there is no quick charge option unlike any other earphone out there.
What's your current opinion? It seems like B&O fixed quite a few issues with these. Or maybe the ones I have didn't have them in the first place. At first my main issue was connecting to 2 devices at once. I would seem to connect to one device and in order to work seamlessly I had to disconnect it from the other device. I too have the Shure SE846 and use the FiiO UTWS5 with them. Soundwise I prefer the shore but as far as standalone wireless buds these are the best in my opinion for music. I do use everything apple so the AirPods Pro Gen 2 are the others I use. While those have better functionality if you're an apple person and better noise cancellation in my opinion. The update makes these almost my go to for everything now since the music in my opinion is that much better than others.

May 31, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #49 of 53
These are still the best sounding TWS on the market. I hate the style, but they sound absolutely incredible
I’m starting to come to peace with the fact that no matter how hard I try with TWS buds. I’m just not gonna get a seal or sound that I like… Maybe I just have messed up ear canals, but I think I need custom tips for basically any pair I get lol

Jun 24, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #50 of 53
While I absolutely love these, my right earbud has become significantly quieter than the left. I have cleaned them, used new tips and exactly the same issue. Will be sending these back. I had the exact same problem with my EQs as well. B&O needs to figure this problem out

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #51 of 53
@natalieann just a thought, but my left ear produce more wax, and when trying to clean with alcohol, the thinned wax seems to run through the metal grill (if any), on some of my iem’s . So changing the small metal grill, indeed did solve this issue. I haven’t checked if the eq and ex has these grills, but even if it’s a softer material than metal (ex. fabric or foam) the problem could be the same regarding wax going in deeper

Oct 7, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #52 of 53
I have the B&O EQ and they are excellent. The fit can be a bit fiddely, but soundwise they are great. The EQ in the app is easy to use and works very well.. I am tempted to give the EX a shot as well. Was never a big fan of B&O, but they pulled me over with this one. Well done

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #53 of 53
The best bluetooth earbuds on the market for sound quality 10/10.
I have airpods pro 2 , sony xm4 ,Momentum 3 ,Galaxy buds pro 2 and none come close to the B&O’s .
Was tempted to try the xm5’s but plugged the B&O’s in again and just thought why bother these are the mutts nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back