new Audiotechnica earclip thingie
Jul 18, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 7
I was going to post that a few days ago... then I realized that someone already did, just like almost all other things I find.
tongue.gif

the website they made for the ATH-EC7 is cool though.
biggrin.gif

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/...ec7/index.html

another audio-technica product that needs to be incorporated into my collection... yay!!

Jul 18, 2004 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 7
Those look neat, anyone ordered them yet? I am quite unhappy with my Apple InEars which I usually have somehwere in my bag for the times when I just do not feel like Etys (yes, it happens), yet they can sound soo bad at times, and different with each and every recording...

Jul 18, 2004 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 7
Totally oliver,

I bought these $40 In-Ear headphones by Apple. One of the worst sounding gear I ever had. Even more mad that I paid $40 for them. They just looked so cool, but looks can be very very very deceiving.

Jul 18, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
Totally oliver,

I bought these $40 In-Ear headphones by Apple. One of the worst sounding gear I ever had. Even more mad that I paid $40 for them. They just looked so cool, but looks can be very very very deceiving.

IMHO I find that statement applies to the AT phones I have used so far (ATH-EM7 and AT-A900).. You are paying about 50% of the price for their looks... frankly, I consider them to be the coolest and most well crafted phones out there.. but the same cannot be said about their sound, to justify their cost.

Jul 18, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #7 of 7
*sigh*

I am developing a strong craving for these ATs... The Apple IEs are actually not that bad for particular purposes, as I eg like them for HipHop because of the strong bass they have. OTOH they always seem to bring out the worst in a recording. If it is a little muffled they render it really muffled, if it is a little harsh on the high end they render it shrill. They lack balance.

At the price of these ATs one could actually buy a pair of Etymotic ER-6is to match the iPod, and I am 100% sure they would be money better spent... the pain, oh the pain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back