New Audiophile lurking here! (incl* Origin Story), anybody heard of TAKAS A50 Enhanced amp/dac combo?
Jan 31, 2017 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

aomas

New Head-Fier
Whats up brother's In Audio,

Well im new in here and also a newly bit by some sort of disease where the only medication is to hoard every item that produces sound or is in touch with it. Honestly i thought i was more Videophile than an Audiophile but after i bought OLED TV and, it was my endgame.

I listened to this dude ZeosPanthera and he infested me, so i watched his video on Fostex X00's how he came on to the phones and how his mind was blown. Not long before i had to get my hands on Fostex X00's i eventually bought a pair from here which was a reason to finally register after following this place from a distance trying to survive without getting infected.

So while i was waiting to get my money transfered to this fellow Audiophile in closet i made an mistake of watching that freaking Alpha Infested dude's video about these oh boy Staxofons 2170 and his mind was blown once more. So i just couldn't, i just had to have everything and i would have prefer them to be instantly on my hands. Well eventually i got the Stax rs-507 with cheapest amp i could get which was SRM-212, well that was enough for a less than week :) (i promise im not making this up as i write), then started the search and holy **** im starting to hit my spending limit but found a decently priced T1 and bought it (its on its way, yay)

UPDATE STORY: Those Fostex's have not got any love from me, the Stax has really won me over its something i didn't know was possible. The sound is just something very different, i've never heard anything like it before, and every headphone i try feels like a big big downgrade in sound quality.

So now im waiting for T1 amp to arrive unless i got scammed (is a possibility), im thinking what DAC and AMP i should get or an combo unit. Stumpled on this thing called Takas A50 not much is written about it except one korean guy who reviewed the old version. If im understood anything the chips on that are decent? So here my question:

The Boring story skip to the second chapter for my amp/dac question!

The Real Question

What do you guys think should i get Topping D30 and A30 combo (i got an mindgasm when i saw it had a analog switched), or try my luck with the A50 which would be a cheaper unit 130 €?

I'm not sure if links are allowed to post so i will not, but you can find it on sale on aliexpress and from google you have this crazy littlemart webpage for more info in english.

Best Regards
Lonely Brother, Lost In The Ocean Of Audiogear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back