New audiophile... got his cans!
Nov 8, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 28
I'm seriously looking at bypassing the HD280s and going right to a set of DT770s as my first set of quality headphones. What sort of music do you listen to? Would you recommend them to anyone else looking at doing a hefty upgrade (my current headphones are PMX60s)?

Nov 8, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #17 of 28
Well I’m listening to all kinds or rock along with techno and it just sounds great
the bass so far (and I haven’t really cranked it open yet) sounds great... I can hear some low bass I never heard in songs before...

I bought it for $150 so it’s not like it’s an expensive pair of headphones...

I say buy em

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #20 of 28
Awesome... I am incredibly intrigued. I've been wanting a good pair of cans for a while, and since my friends just bought some, I feel I need to step up the the plate as well. He got HD595s off amazon, but I really want closed cans for being in close quarters with others.

So does anyone know what the sound quality difference is between the 80ohm and the 250ohm when connected to an amp that would supply enough power to the 250ohm version? I'm assuming a bit more powerful bass, and thats something I wouldn't want to miss out on.

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #22 of 28
ok you convinced me (and many other reviews) I'm about to place an order for dt770 80ohm and I will be returning my sennheiser 555 which left me unimpressed. I also placed an order for a Headsix amp. This place is killing my wallet.

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #23 of 28
I just bought them as well. The only amp I have at the moment is a cmoy and I don't really want to fork out the money for a good one to power the 250ohm version. So I'll settle for these

I also plan on buying the new Zune next week. Hopefully thats the last expensive unnecessary thing I buy for a while. I have been wanting one of those new ASUS sound cards though...

I'm hoping to get a DSLR for Christmas as a gift, which is something else I've been looking at getting myself.

Nov 9, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLUSHIE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought them as well. The only amp I have at the moment is a cmoy and I don't really want to fork out the money for a good one to power the 250ohm version. So I'll settle for these

I also plan on buying the new Zune next week. Hopefully thats the last expensive unnecessary thing I buy for a while. I have been wanting one of those new ASUS sound cards though...

I'm hoping to get a DSLR for Christmas as a gift, which is something else I've been looking at getting myself.

which version did you get? the older or the 2005 version?

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #25 of 28
Um... I'm hoping the newer... It's whatever that guy is selling on ebay.

I wasn't saying I wouldn't ever get an amp, just not for the next month or so.

I might get some of those ear pads too, either the clear gel one or the red leather.

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's probably the older one. The DT770 Pro are the older one and they come in 80 ohm. The newer model is just the DT770 and comes in 32, 250, or 600 ohm.

not really, my old dt770 pro is 600ohms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back