New Audio Technicas
Oct 30, 2001 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

timoteus

500+ Head-Fier
Have you seen the new blue titanium and lacquered cherrywood headphones? Let's all drool in unison.
tongue.gif

http://www.headwize.com/announce.htm

Oct 30, 2001 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 15
I see they mention the cans I have on order
biggrin.gif
the Philips HP890!

Did you notice these?
Quote:

The ATH-PRO5 MS is a monitoring headphone (closed) with new camouflage styling. Both earcups are reversible for single-sided monitoring. Specs: 40mm transducers, 40 ohms impedance, 103dB/mW sens. The MSRP for ATH-PRO5 MS is 8000 Yen ($66 US).

The ATH-F55 is a stylish, folding headphone with a remote control in the headphone cord for use with portables. Both earcups can be reversed for single-sided monitoring. Specs: 40mm transducers in closed-type earcups, 35 ohms impedance, 108dB/mW sens., 1000mW power handling. Color options: Camouflage (green and blue), Panther, Pearl Blue, Skeleton Black, Zebra Red and Zebra Blue. The ATH-F55 retails for 5500 Yen.

what have they been smoking? Camouflage? Panther? LOL
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2001 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 15
ann_at_a100cti.gif

The blue one retails for $272
The woodie retails for $825
and the Amp retails for $1200!

No one has taken a trip to Japan lately?
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2001 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 15
I tried to do some research on that amp. Here's what I found:

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/prod...at-ha2002.html

I wonder how it sounds...I really don't know much about the headphones themselves, even after several pretty extensive searches for info. I found a couple of paragraph-long reviews saying something like (after translation) "bass is power amazing, and treble has detailed sweet." You get the idea
wink.gif
. That was not from a review, by the way.

I just translated the page about the amp, and here's what i got:

- class A 1200mW+1200mW (32 Omega) output Headphone amplifier.
- In output step high power MOS-FET adoption.
- The compromise which pursues the gap of high pass phase to the extremity it is Quality.
- SACD player and the like super digital It corresponds to audio. (Playback frequency 5 - 200kHz)
- As for power source section vibration and a leak of magnetism little R core trance adoption.
- The brass which removes the unnecessary vibration it starts shaving, the gold-plating Hybrid insulator equipment.
- In the Hokkaido product ƒAƒTƒ_ cherry tree the Echizen lacquerware it administers The profound impression the front panel which overflows.
- The brass it starts shaving, the gold plated volume knob.

Oct 30, 2001 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 15
Sweetness!!! But, I think this is Japan ONLY. Someone needs to import these cans and amp over here, gosh darn it! (originally posted by KR)

Japan only! As a fan of anything made out of wood, this is absolutely cruel
frown.gif

Oct 30, 2001 at 3:49 PM Post #12 of 15
Um, what's the law say about a person who goes to Japan, buys a bunch of headphone stuff, and then ships them from Japan in individual packages to people outside of Japan? Just a little innocent question...

Oct 30, 2001 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 15
are those totally new AT's? with new driver designs and such? cause I've heard some AT's, and they were flat-out horrible to me. and the older wooden AT's didn't get much positive reviews either..

the amp looks very nice tho!

Oct 30, 2001 at 9:42 PM Post #14 of 15
The US version of the At are complete ****, totally different line. But, you are not from the US, so if you heard the Japanese ones, then you know better. But, again remember that Senn makes tons of crappy phones besides the top of the line stuff, same thing with Sony and every other headphone company (other than Stax and Grado).

Oct 30, 2001 at 9:44 PM Post #15 of 15
they were expensive enough to be top of the line!somewhere around $300 IIRC. wish I remembered the numbers and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back