New Audio Gear Pictures
Dec 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #16 of 158
Quote:
Quote:
Nice pictures! Got enough tubes?
wink.gif
 How does it sound compared to that black amp? And what is that black amp in the last picture with (I think) 10 tubes. 

Quote:
@jazzerdave: Congrats on the LG purchase, out of curiosity what's the tube amp on the right?

That tube amp on the right (with nine tubes) is a highly modified Dynaco Stereo 70. I've also got an unmodified one in my back room.

I like it
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Nice IEM's! How are they sounding?

Excellent for the money. Very bassy, but has a lush overall sound with a very slight amount of sparkle up top, coupled with a decently deep soundstage performance. Just initial impressions.

Nice!

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #17 of 158

Well, here's whats coming my way soon enough from Jin over at Headphonelounge.

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #18 of 158
Also, this is coming at me from JDS Labs for Christmas, new black O2.

Looks SO much better then the silver one in my opinion
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #19 of 158
Quote:

Excellent for the money. Very bassy, but has a lush overall sound with a very slight amount of sparkle up top, coupled with a decently deep soundstage performance. Just initial impressions.

That cable looks like it might be awfully microphonic though. Is it?

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #21 of 158
Quote:
Got one of these babies coming in 3-4 weeks or so, just bought one now for dirt cheap.

Nice, man! I hope you like the STAX!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #23 of 158
Quote:
Quote:
Nice, man! I hope you like the STAX!!
biggrin.gif

Definitely looking forward to it, hopefully these will sound like my Lambda Pro's and complement the Omega's also incoming my way, life's good with Stax. 
biggrin.gif

I would love to get STAX but the amps are just too much.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #25 of 158
Quote:
Quote:
I would love to get STAX but the amps are just too much.

Not so much the amp's, the cost of the headphones is the problem.

Yea, but I guess my MAIN problem is that I can't just roll with like a FiiO E11 for a bit till I get some more money. I have to buy both at the same time
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #26 of 158
While I love STAX gear, and I do think the SR-009 is the best sounding headphone known to man (at least to my ears), I think the 5K price is a bit steep, since there are other headphones like the LCD-3 and the HD800 that can get close to the performance, just with a different sonic signature. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #27 of 158
Quote:
Beethoven stuff man, my favourite Piano Concertos 1-5 by Zinman and thought I'd give Zacharias a go, I see your more of a Radiohead/ Beatles person yourself but down the road as you have more quality gear you start appreciating other music genre's as well. 
tongue.gif

I actually added those very albums to my wishlist on Amazon. Will be getting them soon :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #28 of 158
Quote:
While I love STAX gear, and I do think the SR-009 is the best sounding headphone known to man (at least to my ears)

Did you listened to Sennheiser HE-90 and STAX Omega? It's just the guy that selled me WES got HE-90, STAX Omega/009/007A and custom build electrostatic amp (as I undestand veeery expencive, much more expencive than fully upgraded WES that he selled me... this amp (in sumary, two blocks) weight more than 40 kg...) + HEV90 amp (with tubes changed to some very good one as I understand) and he has Weiss 202 as a DAC... so he is saying that HE-90 and STAX Omega is superior to 009/007 on his amps... also he saing that 007 is actually have very big potencial, but from the amp's he heard only on a custom one that he have now they implemented they full potential and on this amp they on a par with 009 but with different sonic signature (on upgraded WES he thinks that 009 is superior to 007).....
Would love to hear his gear, but he lives in a different town, so only can drooling while reading his posts and watching photos of his rig 
tongue_smile.gif
 It's probably not very correct to post photos of a gear of other people without their permission, so will only give a link to post on russian forum where he posted photos of his electrostatic rig: http://doctorhead.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=424026#p424026

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #29 of 158
I will be posting pictures of my new turntable, speakers, and phono preamp today
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #30 of 158
Quote:
Did you listened to Sennheiser HE-90 and STAX Omega? It's just the guy that selled me WES got HE-90, STAX Omega/009/007A and custom build electrostatic amp (as I undestand veeery expencive, much more expencive than fully upgraded WES that he selled me... this amp (in sumary, two blocks) weight more than 40 kg...) + HEV90 amp (with tubes changed to some very good one as I understand) and he has Weiss 202 as a DAC... so he is saying that HE-90 and STAX Omega is superior to 009/007 on his amps... also he saing that 007 is actually have very big potencial, but from the amp's he heard only on a custom one that he have now they implemented they full potential and on this amp they on a par with 009 but with different sonic signature (on upgraded WES he thinks that 009 is superior to 007).....
Would love to hear his gear, but he lives in a different town, so only can drooling while reading his posts and watching photos of his rig 
tongue_smile.gif
 It's probably not very correct to post photos of a gear of other people without their permission, so will only give a link to post on russian forum where he posted photos of his electrostatic rig: http://doctorhead.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=424026#p424026

While It's been over a year and half since I've heard the HE-90, I can comment on it slightly. While I can't remember what amp and source I listened to it out of (I'm pretty sure it was the WES though, as I've never had the privilege of trying the Orpheus WITH the HE-90) I like the 007 just as much as the 009, and that same statement can be said for the HE-90. I think the HE-90 and the 007 likewise are more bassy, colored, and fun, but don't have as much of a "Wow" factor as the 009. While the 007 and the HE-90 were absolutely exponential in sonic fidelity and technicalities, I don't think that they were quite (and I say this with a very, very small margin of difference) as good technicality wise as the 009. It's just up to your sonic signature, and some people prefer the balanced, neutral side of the 009, while I still like the 007's more fun, bassy, and dark nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back