New Audio gd CD-7SE transport
Mar 6, 2010 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

mtntrance

100+ Head-Fier
Pictures are up of the new transport from Audio gd. Price is not listed but I recall from correspondence with Kingwa it will be around $1000 USD. Does anyone have additional info?

н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

Mar 6, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 19
It looks very nice and I'm sure it will sound exceptional with the Ref1 and Ref7. I do have a few comments though:

1) I really wish it played DVD-A so it could output 24/48 or 24/96 PCM to the Audio-gd DACs.
2) It should have AES/EBU output.
3) SACD would be nice too with HDMI output. None of the PCM1704U-K based DACs support DSD, however I'm not sure if some of his lower model DACs do have DAC chips that accept DSD. If he does or plans to in the future, those DACs' future versions could have an HDMI input.

I'm also curious as to why he cloned out the processor's identification, as shown here:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/CD7SE/CD77.jpg

Did you see right below the pictures, more pictures for something called a CD-7HE? When you click on them it takes you to images titled DAC810.jpg, DAC811.jpg, and DAC812.jpg. I'm not sure what this is though, as it seems to only have 3 ACSS outputs on the back, if that's even what they are. Could it be an upsampler? A digital lens? Whatever it is, if it's meant to pair with the CD-7SE, why would it have the old chassis style?

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 19
The CD-7HE is a AC-AC regenerator to purify the AC line supply. It's useful in some noisy and unstable line suppy places. The final product will use the same chassis as the new CD7SE, the pictures are for illustration only.

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 19
When you order the HE version, it will come with a different type of the CD7 box.

In a sense, the HE version is a total package including different CD7 chassis and a CD7HE chassis.

CD7SE alone cannot be upgraded by just purchasing CD7HE.

Apr 18, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #9 of 19
How critical is a component like this? What kind of improvement could I expect over a regular CD player, say used with ref 7 (I dont have one yet)?

If the ref7, or any other DAC reclocks the signal, what use is getting a "more accurate/purer" signal?

Apr 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #10 of 19
I also will be awaiting an answer to that question. Very interesting.

May 6, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #11 of 19
Was stunned how big the transport was when i received CD-7SE, it takes a lot of space from your table.
I use the CD-7SE  with the DAC 19 DSP and  Blue Jeans cable.I havent heard digital on this level, its like a great analog turntable.
Used Wadia 170 and Onkyo NDS-1 transports before with Wav files and soon noted that a good spinner is much better.There are four outputs
2xBNC and 2XRCA.I took the number 1 output RCA wich was the most musical connection for my needs.

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #12 of 19
I have heard the CD7se connected with Fun-A  and the PM14 (KW's low cost power amp.)  sound is extremely turntable like with best MC cartridge!! also I got CD7 and the sound more improved by CD7se .sound not like RE1 between RE7 only slight
better, CD7se reveal more 3D and musical direct compare with  CD7 .Wonderful !!
p.s. Sorry my poor english
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #13 of 19

Quote:
Was stunned how big the transport was when i received CD-7SE, it takes a lot of space from your table.
I use the CD-7SE  with the DAC 19 DSP and  Blue Jeans cable.I havent heard digital on this level, its like a great analog turntable.
Used Wadia 170 and Onkyo NDS-1 transports before with Wav files and soon noted that a good spinner is much better.There are four outputs
2xBNC and 2XRCA.I took the number 1 output RCA wich was the most musical connection for my needs.

That's interesting as I'm using ND-S1 atm and am looking for a CD transport. Does it play mp3s? I send an email to Audio GD asking if there will be a CD transport in the smaller enclosure to fit with my ref 5 (and be cheaper obviously) but I didn't got the answer I wanted. I was told there is the CD7se but its out of stock atm.

scericli post some pics buddy 
smile_phones.gif

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
That's interesting as I'm using ND-S1 atm and am looking for a CD transport. Does it play mp3s? I send an email to Audio GD asking if there will be a CD transport in the smaller enclosure to fit with my ref 5 (and be cheaper obviously) but I didn't got the answer I wanted. I was told there is the CD7se but its out of stock atm.

scericli post some pics buddy 
smile_phones.gif

Audio-gd does not make smaller size CD player. The CD7se is a full size player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back