New Audigy2 in my new computer, sound quality help plz :)
May 31, 2003 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mercid

Head-Fier
Hi all, after a very long thought process and after much reading i went with the audigy2 over the M-Audio Rev 7.1; due to the crap drivers that m-audio currently have. The Audigy is a HUGE improvement over my old Live!. Back awhile ago someone posted plugins for winamp to make things sound even better. I am using a maxed out JMT META42 and some Grado 325's/ Audio Technica ATH W1000. Is there any way for me to use the digital out? Any new settings in the audigy i should be concerned with over the live? Thanks for any and all help.

jeff

May 31, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 5
Look into the MAD output plugin, it'll do wonders. Also, since the Audigy2 resamples everything to 48kHz, look for a plugin that does high-quality resampling (so the hardware doesn't have to do it).

Jun 1, 2003 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Waveout SSRC is a good resampler. I don't have a link, but it replaces the Waveout output.

Jun 2, 2003 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 5
You might as well get foobar2000 if you want the best resampling. It made by the guy who made waveout/directsound SSRC (which aren't being developed anymore since he stopped winamp dev.)

If all your doing is listening to music, what makes the Revo drivers crap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back