New ASUS Xonar DX not working right
Dec 4, 2012 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Varinn

New Head-Fier
I've picked up a new DX sound card today and my excitement to try it out has been completely ruined by their horrendous drivers.

Installing drivers goes through with zero errors, but after restarting the computer the sound works and it shows up in the devices list and is outputting sound. The "ASUS Audio Center" software does not work however. At all. It does nothing, no loading, no clicking, no hard drive activity or errors, no processes in the task manager. Nothing. When you click to open the software it just acts like you're clicking on a wall.

I have double checked that I have the external power supply cable firmly attached, and full contact with the PCIe socket.
I have tried the Win8 x64 drivers
I have tried the Win7 x64 drivers
I have tried the UNi xonar drivers, both beta and non beta

All setups have yielded the same results, and I'm not entirely sure what else I can do to get into the control panel to set up the card how I want it. I have heard stories of ASUS drivers before but this is my first bad experience with them! Does anyone have any other suggestions?

EDIT: Further system specs
Windows 8 pro X64
ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard
i5 3570K
XFX HD 7870
Corsair HX620w

Fresh(ish) windows install, driver cleaner run before install and between each driver attempt

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I've picked up a new DX sound card today and my excitement to try it out has been completely ruined by their horrendous drivers.
Installing drivers goes through with zero errors, but after restarting the computer the sound works and it shows up in the devices list and is outputting sound. The "ASUS Audio Center" software does not work however. At all. It does nothing, no loading, no clicking, no hard drive activity or errors, no processes in the task manager. Nothing. When you click to open the software it just acts like you're clicking on a wall.
I have double checked that I have the external power supply cable firmly attached, and full contact with the PCIe socket.
I have tried the Win8 x64 drivers
I have tried the Win7 x64 drivers
I have tried the UNi xonar drivers, both beta and non beta
All setups have yielded the same results, and I'm not entirely sure what else I can do to get into the control panel to set up the card how I want it. I have heard stories of ASUS drivers before but this is my first bad experience with them! Does anyone have any other suggestions?
EDIT: Further system specs
Windows 8 pro X64
ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard
i5 3570K
XFX HD 7870
Corsair HX620w
Fresh(ish) windows install, driver cleaner run before install and between each driver attempt

Did you disable the motherboard's built in audio, in the bios?
As your using Windows 8, Asus many not have worked out all the bugs in the software drivers...yet.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 4

I had it working with the unified drivers, but the solution involved installing it with the C-Media control panel instead. I took your advice just now, uninstalled all drivers, rebooted and disable onboard through the BIOS, and reinstalled after loading windows but used the ASUS panel this time. All works great! Now.... what are some good games to try it out with??

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I had it working with the unified drivers, but the solution involved installing it with the C-Media control panel instead. I took your advice just now, uninstalled all drivers, rebooted and disable onboard through the BIOS, and reinstalled after loading windows but used the ASUS panel this time. All works great! Now.... what are some good games to try it out with??

X-Com Enemy Unknown seems to have good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back