New ASL Headphone Products
Apr 21, 2002 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Edwin

New Head-Fier
I noticed some new Antique Sound Lab headphone products on Divergents site. Maybe we can persuade Mr. Lau to send us the new poducts to review. I vote that Nick Dangerous should review them (Nick has done a lot to promote the MG Head).

Jttp://www.divertech.com/antiquesl.html

Apr 21, 2002 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 41
That UHC signature looks pretty sweet, much nicer than the orinal unit.
And the twin head, with 2a3s, should sound fantastic. Maybe I'll sell my zotl and Melos to try it out.

Apr 21, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 41
how or what do you hook that reference module up to?
I had assume you would have to connect it to a headphone amp but is there one that's powerful enough to drive the K1000 other than the sac.

Apr 21, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 41
Darkclouds,

That's a good question but I guess maybe it hooks up via speaker posts like the UHC. The weird thing is, it has RCA In/Out.

I just made another realisation the LH-01 is $399 USD and the MG Head is $329 USD.

The LH-01 could ultimately become the MG Head replacement if you consider that it can also be used as a pre... I wonder how it sounds though...

Apr 22, 2002 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 41
I'd certainly like to try the LH-01 and especially the TWIN HEAD. If Joe wants to send me evaluation units, I'd be more than happy to review them.
biggrin.gif

Next mission for Joe: Clone the Melos SHA-1!

Apr 22, 2002 at 2:26 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
I'd certainly like to try the LH-01 and especially the TWIN HEAD. If Joe wants to send me evaluation units, I'd be more than happy to review them.
biggrin.gif

Next mission for Joe: Clone the Melos SHA-1!

It is easy ! You can contact to Mr Tash of Divergent Technologie. He will take care all review sample you need.

Apr 22, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #10 of 41
joe,
tash never seems to answer emails, or is it just me?

Apr 22, 2002 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 41
Doh! Just found it. $1250US at divertech.

Can't find the specs, though. Are all those tubes in the signal path for the headphone amp, or only half of them for each output? How many watts/miliwatts per channel? Will it drive a 40 ohm phone?

markl

Apr 22, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #13 of 41
Found this from a CES report:

"The Best Headphone Amp in the show was from Antique Sound Lab. I had an informative discussion with Joseph Lau Tze Wah, the designer of Antique Sound Lab?s equipment. The new Twin Head headphone amp, which uses 2A3 tubes, has two outputs: with a transformer in the signal path, or OTL. The pre-production prototype that I heard sounded quite impressive, and it will drive the low-impedance Grados as well as my fave Sennheisers."

It was next to this picture of Joe:
josephwahasl.jpg

Apr 22, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #14 of 41
Nick
I really think that you should review the new ASL TWIN HEAD. You have been very generous to share your tubes with the Head-Fi community. In fact, since I will be looking for a new amp for (my soon to arrive) R-10s I would like to loan them to you for the evaluation. My only request is that I must have them back before Headroom comes to town on July 13.

Apr 22, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #15 of 41
I second (third, fourth?) the motion that Nick (at least) review this thing. Inquiring minds want to know!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back