New Archos Multimedia Jukebox
Dec 1, 2001 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

e-r0ck

100+ Head-Fier
I made a reference to this in the "Move Over iPod" thread, but Archos finally put up a website on it so I thought I'd share.

http://www.archos.com/uk/products/product_550011.html

And here's the other images I had posted already (found on
http://www.funmp3players.com )

ajbmul.jpg

archos-mm2.jpg

cool stuff

:e-r0ck:

Dec 2, 2001 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 7
Found this on another forum, don't know if its the same model shown above:

http://www.gotapex.com/forums/forumd....php?forumid=5

Archos 6GB MP3 Jukebox for $139.95 +tax **LAST DAY**

I just bought the Archos 6GB MP3 Jukebox from Circuit City for $139.95 + tax (after $30 MIR). Here's how I did it. Circuit City has the Archos on sale (last day, I think) for $199.95 (with $30 store MIR). But Best Buy has it on sale for $169.95 (no rebate available). I asked the salesperson at Circuit City to pricematch Best Buy, which they did!! After I receive the $30 MIR from Circuit City, my total cost for this item will be $139.95 + $10.20 FL state tax.

I did not see the Archos listed in last Sunday's Best Buy sale circular, but it IS definitely on sale in the store at the price I quoted above.

I hope you folks think this is a good deal. BTW....the Archos doubles as a standard external USB 6GB hard drive (which I needed anyway) so you get a great MP3 player AND a portable hard drive in one unit.

Good luck and hurry if you want this.

Franco

Dec 2, 2001 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by nuguy
how much is it?
'

I heard a retail of $300. Thats seems a little, um, WAAAY too low. But that's what i heard.

And that's not the same thing. Archos made an MP3 Player in 6 and 20 gig sizes, then they made an MP3 Player\Recorder in 6 gig size (the 20 gig is coming out soon) and now the new Jukebox Multimedia. you can check em out, www.archos.com or www.funmp3players.com. The funmp3players forums are really good if you ever wanna check out anything about these units.

Apr 7, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #6 of 7
Back from the dead...

The Archos Multimedia jukebox seen here will have the ability to take pictures or shoot MPEG-4 video (with optional accesories).

Retail price with photo module (that accepts CompactFlash cards or SmartMedia) will be $399.95.

Retail price with camera module (that allows you to take 1.3 megapixel photos and record MPEG-4 movies) will retail for $449.95.

Retail price for the video module (that will allow you to input/output composite video from any source) is TBA.

I really like the idea of a combo mp3 player/camera. My biggest problem with the Archos jukebox is its clunky video screen. Maybe the full color video screen can smooth out the look of the UI.

The biggest news for us audio enthusiasts is the fact that it has a digital audio out. No details on the site as to what sort of digital out it will have (I am assuming it will be USB with the optional USB 2.0 interface).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back