New Archos "Mobile Internet Device" Line!!
Sep 6, 2010 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

zero7525

100+ Head-Fier
Wow, this looks great. Archos is releasing a new line of affordable MID/PMPs. The specs are pretty good for a cheap android device, and best of all, they will be carrying android 2.2. With the rockbox port to android coming soon, these players might be the new best for the buck android devices out there. Let's just hope that the sound quality will be as good as a cowon or a sansa. The "archos 32 internet tablet" (not really a tablet) is already on sale for $150.

Link: http://www.archos.com/home.html?lang=en

Pics:

The screen size of each one is in their model number (for example, Archos 32 is 3.2 inches screen size)

Archos 28

Archos 32

Archos 43

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 24
But do they still sound like Archos products (awful)?

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 24

Quote:
But do they still sound like Archos products (awful)?

hopefully not..
I'm really putting my hopes up for this to be successful. They have got the right idea with this product.

Sep 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 24
Archos has to be one of the best innovative companies currently in the market.  They are constantly creating new players and are great at adding lots of different file types for their players.

But the company continues to fail miserably at the execution of Quality assurance.  I have never seen a company that just won't hire good software people. 

It seems like every new product rollout is followed up with several months of firmware updates to fix all the problems.  It's just a shame.  They really should take 1 full year to not put out new creative players and just hire a solid team of software people and put some polish on what already exists. 

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 24
Internet tablet like a slightly bigger iPod Touch.

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #7 of 24
I really doubt these will sound good. But if they may play shared FLAC from my home NAS or laptop and stream it via USB to USB DAC/AMP...

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #8 of 24

Quote:
I really doubt these will sound good. But if they may play shared FLAC from my home NAS or laptop and stream it via USB to USB DAC/AMP...

come on man your giving my hopes up lol
they look really good, i'm gonna probably end up buying one, but if the sound quality isn't that good then i'm returning it
BUT WHEN WILL THEY RELEASE!!?

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #9 of 24
the 43 looks promising for me.  Will depend on price and SQ, but I would strongly consider it.

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #11 of 24

Quote:
Hey OP, i live in mississauga too
do you know the price and release date for these players?

edit: is the 43 a phone?

nope, these are all pmp's, they have internet tethering through bluetooth though.

And yeah, it's nice to have someone that lives in my local area around here :D

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #14 of 24
I'm looking at that quite affordable Archos 43 in 16GB version for less than 200 USD. What is not to like ?

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #15 of 24
I hope that they release a 16 gb version for the 32, because that seems like the perfect android device for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back