New Apple "EarPods" - Finally - Photos
Sep 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

SoundFreaq

Headphoneus Supremus
From Apple's keynote at the WWDC just now. 

"There's a port in back for midtones, a port in the stem and a port that points to your ears. It's to "maximize airflow"." - Engadget

Interesting Design, long over due revamp. Hopefully Apple took it upon themselves to give the world better sound, and took the opportunity to keep up with the headphone awareness phenomenon that is changing portable sound. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 33
You're Your quite reasonable $30 cost translates into a quite unreasonable £30 here. I guess it could be semi reasonable if it sounds as good as they claim.

Sep 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 33
Now, up on Apple Store

"The audio quality is so superior, they rival high-end headphones that cost hundreds of dollars more."  
blink.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 33
Says Apple on it. It will be a huge hit.

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. That does sound very Beats-esque. Over-the-top marketing jargon not even remotely true. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:
Now, up on Apple Store

"The audio quality is so superior, they rival high-end headphones that cost hundreds of dollars more."  
blink.gif

I'm calling BS on this claim. 

Okay, it looks like they are dual bore, but I'm not sure if they are dual driver. Also, without a seal, balanced armature drivers don't quite seem plausible...

Could these be dual dynamic drivers? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back