New Apple Earbuds?
Jan 27, 2013 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lyons238

Head-Fier
Anyone try the new Apple Earpods? I got them just because when I'm traveling back and forth to class and work I listen to music but many times need to answer a call, so its convenient having the built in mic, so I can talk hands free and my music continues when the call is over.

Anyways, the earbuds seem to be on par, if not a little better than my Skullcandy's. Mind you, I have Ultrasone Pro 900's as well as Fostex PM1 MKII 6.5" monitors...so I know if something sounds good. Granted I've never used a pair of high end ear buds, but these seem suitable for 30 bucks.

Moreover, the buds have 2 small slits that act as ports, the lower for the bass and the top for the mids. Then theres this weird port on the side of the buds pointing straight in towards your head like the old buds did, not towards your ear canal like the main drivers. I did some research and Apple seems to be keeping pretty hush about that? My guess is its for a bigger sound stage...any thoughts?

Jan 27, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 4
They'e a massive improvement over their old buds - that's for sure.  I quite like them and use them often (if I'm in an environment where isolation is not ideal, and full size cans aren't practical).

To get the best out of them, see if you can get some cheap foam earbud covers, slip them on - and see the difference.  I find they improve by quite a bit - both comfort and sound.

Jan 27, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
They'e a massive improvement over their old buds - that's for sure.  I quite like them and use them often (if I'm in an environment where isolation is not ideal, and full size cans aren't practical).

To get the best out of them, see if you can get some cheap foam earbud covers, slip them on - and see the difference.  I find they improve by quite a bit - both comfort and sound.

got a link to these covers? i have rather small ear canals though so im not sure how much more i can fit in there.

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #4 of 4
They shouldn't be fitting right inside your canals anyway.  They're essentially earbuds - they sit in the outer ear.

I bought mine locally (NZ) - but the covers would be similar to these :
http://www.earplugstore.com/roaurefoeaco.html or http://www.amazon.com/Earbud-Earpad-Replacement-Sponge-Headsets/dp/B0025KXUS2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back