New Android: Pantech Burst
Feb 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Davis4Ever

New Head-Fier
I just finished reading a review for the Pantech Burst, a budget Android phone on At&T. I have been looking for a good Android PMP, and the prices of the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0/5.0 are high enough to drive someone to alternatives.

Here is a link to the review: http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/17/pantech-burst-review/

And a link to tech specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/pantech_burst-4429.php

Reading through this site it seems that the Cowon Android offerings to date are somewhat lacking so I always keep an eye out for anything budget minded in PMP or even full phone.

I would like to get an Android device for music, as I love PowerAmp (I have only tested on the Nexus and it was nice SQ and EQ)

Does anyone have experience with this device? or even alternatives for other Android PMPs/Phones

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 7
That Pantec looks slick.  I like the dual core and full gig of RAM.  My Samsung SGP 5 has a single core and only about 340MB of RAM, though it is far from sluggish.  As long as you had full access to the Android market and it allows you to load third-party apps, then I would say go for it. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 7
I am getting it now for 200$ brand new with no contract. I anticipate that it should not be worse than HTC Sensation or any other MSM8660 device. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 7
Jun 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 7
I've had my Burst for a few months now and really like it.  The 4G is great and super fast even more so than my home wifi and the touch screen has good response.  The one thing I like more than anything is how good music sounds from it, I have 4 MP3 players and the Burst sounds better than all of them and Power Amp rocks.  For $49.99 this phone is great and changed what I think of Pantech.  I had an old Pantech phone and it was horrible, I said never again will I buy one but the Burst is as good as most other smartphones imo.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #6 of 7
For the last 4 days or so I've just been using the Burst as my main music source and I can't believe how good it sounds.  I have a J3, Fuze, Sony S series along with a GoGear and the Burst sounds better than them all and I dare say much better.  The clarity is awesome and it also give all my IEM's a larger soundstage, it makes everything sound much larger than any of my other pmp's.  It has continuous playback which is a must for mixed album that are tracked and paired with Poweramp the Burst really sounds amazing.

This has me wondering if theres other phones that sound better than dedicated mp3 player like Cowon or Sansa.  I would have never thought a phone let alone a Pantech phone would out do my J3 or even Fuze in SQ.  What phones do any others have that they think sound better than dedicated mp3 players?

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back