New AMP!
Aug 4, 2008 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jcfs

New Head-Fier
Guys, I need your help. I have bought myself a DT770-pro, and am enjoying it off of Echo Indigo DJ. While it suffices my purpose for the moment, I plan on expanding my collection of headphones, as I listen to more than one genre of music. I really seem to like the Beyers signature, so I will most likely be expanding to DT880-600 in the future.

However, this will be a gradual process, so I would like to upgrade my amp and source before upgrading the headphone. So to the point, what kind of amp (and DAC, if willing) would you suggest? This is my early venture into the amp section, so I am currently clueless, although I have used the search function to educate myself in the general ideas.

I know there are SS amps, and tube amps, but I'm not quite sure as to how they work. The tube amps just seem so complicated...but it seems that people typically recommend them for Beyers.

So to summarize:

What I am looking for:
Greater bass presence/definition in DT 880, and a slightly lesser emphasis in the upper range.

1. I have come to the conclusion that I want DT 880-600 for its analytical nature. Under this context, would tube amp adversely affect the clarity and detail? I just seem to be associating warmth and less detail and clarity. Is this the case?
2. What are some amps (and DAC would be appreciated) that you guys recommend that will successfully drive the DT 880-600
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks!
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back