New amp seems to be broken, help me diagnose
May 11, 2012 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got a new full sized amp, used it for a few days and it ended up shutting off randomly while i was using it.  Thought it was just a bad PSU, so I tested it on other gear and it appeared to be broken.  Shelled out $30 for a new adapter at Radio Shack, as they were the only ones who had a 12v 1000mah adapter.  

With the new psu, the light on the amp turns on but no audio is being transferred.  My Fiio E10 of course works just fine when I plug my headphones directly into it, but the this amp that I use in combination with E10 seems to not work beyond the power light.  Any ideas on what I can do to fix this, or is it more than likely fried?  I don't know anything about amp circuitry.  Any advice is appreciated, the company who gave it to me has not replied to phone calls or emails since this happened.

-mike

May 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 5
Is there any way to check or test it to know if its just a busted input, or if the innards are broken as well.  

Can a faulty adapter plug totally ruin the amp, or is it more likely to only blow up the input area or perhaps something replaceable?

May 14, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Is there any way to check or test it to know if its just a busted input, or if the innards are broken as well.  

Can a faulty adapter plug totally ruin the amp, or is it more likely to only blow up the input area or perhaps something replaceable?

Depends, but from what you say it seems the power side is working, but the audio side isn't. So maybe one of the components is fried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back