New Amp for Headphone. FiiO?
Dec 4, 2011 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bowei006

Panda Man
Reviewer at Headphone.Guru
I have been using an FiiO E5 and now i'm thinking about upgrading. it was fine with my 44 Ohm SRH 440's but i just got an HFI 580. i haven't tested them yet but i heard they will improve with more power, even with the lower Ohm than the Shure's. I've heard about many companies like ibasso and headroom and what not but i see tht the overal opinion for good cheap, but very high quality price to performance ratio amps and DACs just go to FiiO. Now, I see some choices now. The E11,E7.
My itouch already has a good sizable Cirrus Logic CS4398 used in the $100 Asus Xonar DX dedicated sound cards so..i'm guessing that since i use it with an LOD...the E7...wouldn't offer too much of an improvement? If that is so. Would the E11 be a better choice?

I know that this is the portable headphone amps section. but what about the E9 and E10? The E9 i've heard has a lot of power, but no DAC. The E10 looks like a better choice i gues? Both the E9 and E10 are for use on the computer right? and so since the E10 has a woflson DAC also included..it would be better than the E9 which would need the E7 who's DAC isn't as good as the E10's(from what i hear) right?

Would be HFI 580's benefit from the E10's? No? might seem like the best answer
How about the E11's?

Are there any other affordable amps and DAC's or combonations both protable and for PC under $100 that you would like to recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back