New Amp choices
Nov 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

drjjpdc

New Head-Fier
I am looking at the Woo Line. Preferably my budget is around $750, although I could go up to $1000. I am on disability and right now I have an amp next to my recliner. I also have a Ray Samuels Predator. My needs are pretty basic. I don't know if I want an amp/preamp or just a plain amp. I have a pair of AKG 701 cans.

I don't know if the Predator has any place in this setup. Any suggestions. My borrowed amp is a Singlepower MPX3 that I like a lot. But it is time to get my own. As far as music I listen to almost everything but I concentrate on Jazz and Symphonic classical music,

Thanks in advance,
John

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 6
  Please describe your entire system.  From your I have not idea of the format of your music or the equipment feeding into your amp.

Also what about your Ray Samuels Predator do you find to be wanting?

There is no entire system. I have a pair of headphones, a headphone amp and a cheapo DVD/CD player about 20 feet away. The system will be digital only. The amp is a long term loaner that needs to be returned to the generous owner. I am starting to get into hi-rez files for listening as well as my CD/DVD collection from my chair. I want to listen to music from my chair without having to go downstairs to the system in my man cave.

I plan to use my laptop as a transport for CD/DVD's and maybe my thumb drive occasionally. But the laptop internal DAC and Amp are pretty ordinary. I want a better amp for my headphones. I only mentioned the Predator if it would be of any use for additional line in or line out duties.

I hope that clears things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back