New Amp and DAC
Dec 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PhoneLover94

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. For Christmas I am getting a Fiio E6 for my AD700's if I am using them out or if I get the Monoprice 8320. I am now looking at getting an Amp and a DAC. I have several options here, so I came here to see what you guys think. I have my AD700's and enjoy the sound, but I find now that I am not really enjoying the bass that much. I want to "feel" it more instead of having to focus my attention on it to hear it. The Fiio E6 will help in that aspect, I think, with its bass boost. I do not know exactly how much money I will be getting for Christmas, but I will say that my limit will be $140 total. I am mostly using my AD700's on my computer upstairs, which is about 10 years old so I know I am not getting the best audio experience from it that I can. I also bring them to use on my downstairs computer, which is also about 10 years old, so it doesn't have the best audio either. Another thing is that I want to use my AD700's off of my TV with my XBOX 360 for gaming. One more important aspect that I need to focus on in my decision is that I know that I will want to continue expanding my audio experience. When the money comes in, I will want some nicer headphones so I want something that is going to be able to drive possibly more hungry headphones (Maybe 880's 250 Ohms?). I realistically don't see myself using my headphones outside of my home because I can't use headphones while I drive and the 8320's aren't difficult to drive. Whenever I decide to get better earphones, I may look into better portable amps then, but I really prefer headphones anyway and I don't really use earphones much anyways. Should I:
1) Sell my E6 to a friend for $20 and buy a Fiio E7 to use on the go and in all the different applications?
2) Keep my E6 and buy an E10 to use on my computers and TV at home and use the E6 when out?
3) I really like tube amps, but I'm not sure if they are practical for my situation (AD700's). Should I get a cheaper tube amp like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Indeed-MK-2-Class-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-6N11-/250797548107?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a64b2e24b#ht_5676wt_1185 and a cheaper USB DAC to use like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compact-MUSE-USB-DAC-PCM2704-Pure-Sound-Card-Optical-Coaxial-Decoder-Converter-/330642257497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfbd07659#ht_2111wt_1185 ?

4) Keep E6 and just buy new headphones less than $140?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back