New ALO balance amp-MKIII at RMAF
Jan 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #92 of 252

Quote:
Hey Estreeter

No the mk3 is 100% made in the USA, not a CNY waiting on something. 

Thanks

Ken

That's great Ken, but it spells $$$$$$$$$$$ when the MkIII finally hits the streets. Couldn't you at least contract the faceplates out to someone in Mexico ?   Better yet, your local number plate factory aka the Portland Correctional Facility  :wink:

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #93 of 252

We are pretty happy to be able to make the entire amp in the USA, except for the enclosure which was made off shore only because we have a long stable relationship with our enclosure maker. The knobs were made here in Oregon 100% machined for us and have our logo engraved on the front. 

The amp is pretty much done we are just cleaning up some very minor bugs. I have 4 or so prototypes here and I can say with out hesitation the 3 is BAD A**, we could not be more stoked to get this out to market. The bass adjust is the feature we all feel is what people are going to love the most.

Sorry for the long wait....

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #95 of 252

Quote:

We are pretty happy to be able to make the entire amp in the USA, except for the enclosure which was made off shore only because we have a long stable relationship with our enclosure maker. The knobs were made here in Oregon 100% machined for us and have our logo engraved on the front. 

The amp is pretty much done we are just cleaning up some very minor bugs. I have 4 or so prototypes here and I can say with out hesitation the 3 is BAD A**, we could not be more stoked to get this out to market. The bass adjust is the feature we all feel is what people are going to love the most.

Sorry for the long wait....

Ken

I want one, being the closet basshead that I am....

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #96 of 252
Ken,

Can we register our intention to buy an Rx MkIII anywhere on your website?

Thanks.

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #97 of 252
I just spent most of the expected price of the amp sorting out cables for my DT1350 and JH16 to be able to connect to the Rx3 bad boy.  I am fully committed to it now.

Please dont make it more expensive than the RSA 71/b though please.....  I would like it to be priced sub $600.  Do we know the expected price as yet Ken?

I am happy to add my name on a reserve me a piece of bad *** list!!  
L3000.gif

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #98 of 252
Kremer930

I'm intrigued to know how you modified your DT1350 cabling, did you have it altered by an aftermarket cable supplier or modify yourself?

Thanks. 

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #101 of 252
Smial1966- I have arranged for Qusp to do the cable mod since he has made such awesome Lods for me previously. The good thing is that I really like the single sided standard cable design and Qusp is going to retain that but still replace all of the wire including over the headband.   I chose a copper wire as I want to preserve the bass. 

I don't know if th Rx3 will have a simmilar sound signature to the Rx2 or not but for the DT1350 I would like to add some bass texture. I am guessing that the extra power and control that the Rx3 should have, that it may achieve this goal. 

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #102 of 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do we know the expected price as yet Ken?

Ive seen it somewhere where he said ~650

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #103 of 252
I do remember seeing that price around too but wasnt sure if it was an official announcement or just that it was the price of the closest competitor product in the RSA 71/b.  I know that I will pay that much for the Rx3 but I really feel that portable amps arent worth that much.  If the RSA was only $550 I would have bought one ages ago and still be buying the Rx3 now.

Including the $685 I have spent on new cables for my JH16 and the DT1350 just so that I can mainly accommodate the Rx3....I have high hopes for its performance.  In my mind, it is expected to be the final piece in my portable rig evolution.  But yeah, we have all thought that before.  :)

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #104 of 252

Quote:
Ken,

Can we register our intention to buy an Rx MkIII anywhere on your website?

Thanks.

Hi smial1966, 

We are going to process a large order so we plan on having a lot of them for all with no shortages out of the gate. I premise to post here before going on sale also.

Thank you for your post.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back