New ALO balance amp-MKIII at RMAF
Mar 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #196 of 252
I know I will buy the AlgoRhythm + amp + interconnect combo from ALO but which amp?  Right now I am set on the Continental V2 because I already have the headstage Arrow. I am going to wait for the RX III before deciding.  Meanwhile my iMod is freezing up from time to time and I need to wait for the battery to completely drain because I can't get it to reboot otherwise.  Argghhhh!

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #197 of 252
Thanks for the update Ken. I look forward to early impressions of your white whale 
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #198 of 252
Very interesting news KB, so I'd like to add my thanks for the update.

How about nicknaming the Rx MKIII Moby Dick?

L3000.gif

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #200 of 252

Quote:
Very interesting news KB, so I'd like to add my thanks for the update.

How about nicknaming the Rx MKIII Moby Dick?

L3000.gif

Cheers,

Andy. 

Not sure if that is quite the image ALO are looking for with a 'flagship' product, given Ahab's fate and that of almost his entire crew. Call me crazy, but not even Schiit Audio would post this kind of black humour in a product description :

Ahab ignores this voice of reason and continues with his ill-fated chase. As the three boats sail out to hunt him, Moby Dick damages two of them, forcing them to go back to the ship and leaving only Ahab's vessel intact. Ahab harpoons the whale, but the harpoon-line breaks. Moby Dick then rams the Pequoditself, which begins to sink. As Ahab harpoons the whale again, the unfolding harpoon-line catches him around his neck and he is dragged into the depths of the sea by the diving Moby Dick. The boat is caught up in the whirlpool of the sinking ship, which takes almost all the crew to their deaths. Only Ishmael survives, clinging to Queequeg’s coffin-turned-life buoy for an entire day and night before the Rachel rescues him

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #201 of 252
estreeter,

I think that Moby Dick would be a perfect moniker for the Rx MKIII, as it encapsulates the driving passion and almost maniacal pursuit of something without regard for circumstance. Besides which, we all know that audio designers are a little bit crazy anyway. 

wink_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy. 

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #203 of 252

Quote:
Not sure if that is quite the image ALO are looking for with a 'flagship' product, given Ahab's fate and that of almost his entire crew. Call me crazy, but not even Schiit Audio would post this kind of black humour in a product description :

Ahab ignores this voice of reason and continues with his ill-fated chase. As the three boats sail out to hunt him, Moby Dick damages two of them, forcing them to go back to the ship and leaving only Ahab's vessel intact. Ahab harpoons the whale, but the harpoon-line breaks. Moby Dick then rams the Pequoditself, which begins to sink. As Ahab harpoons the whale again, the unfolding harpoon-line catches him around his neck and he is dragged into the depths of the sea by the diving Moby Dick. The boat is caught up in the whirlpool of the sinking ship, which takes almost all the crew to their deaths. Only Ishmael survives, clinging to Queequeg’s coffin-turned-life buoy for an entire day and night before the Rachel rescues him

I think your reading a lot into me goofing on my journey with Mk3.

I was not posting "product description". I do "feel" like I am ignoring reason by throwing large sums of funding on the ultimate portable headphone amp. I am leaving out a lot of the stuggles I have been through with it though but such is life. I so much want this product for my customers and for my own use, its that good sounding. It will not be much longer so I am super stoked to get this rolling. 

KB

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 2, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #204 of 252
Love the passion Ken. I will certainly help to reward your vision and dream by handing over my 650 hard earned. It is great to hear of your passion though. I am confident that most Headfier's would empathise with you.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #205 of 252

Quote:
Love the passion Ken. I will certainly help to reward your vision and dream by handing over my 650 hard earned. It is great to hear of your passion though. I am confident that most Headfier's would empathise with you.

Kremer,

So appreciate your post, thank you.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #206 of 252
I agree with Kremer930 & am eagerly awaiting the release of this amp! Not much longer sounds good to me!

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #207 of 252

Hi guys!
I am about to order a amp for the Spiral Ears 5-way. I am choosing between the ALO Rx Mk3 because I like to be able to adjust the bass if this can be done with out degrade the other frequencies, and the Continental because I just love warm tube sound and the detailed yet soft highs (I have COPLAND tube amp for my speakers).

Any thoughts or suggestion anyone?

Thanks!

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #208 of 252
Hi Lindskog,

As few people have actually heard the ALO Rx MKIII it's impossible to comment authoritatively on it's sonic signature. I have a Continental MkI and am very pleased with it's lush and engagingly warm sound. I'd try and pick up a used Continental and then wait for Rx MKIII reviews to appear.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Quote:

Hi guys!
I am about to order a amp for the Spiral Ears 5-way. I am choosing between the ALO Rx Mk3 because I like to be able to adjust the bass if this can be done with out degrade the other frequencies, and the Continental because I just love warm tube sound and the detailed yet soft highs (I have COPLAND tube amp for my speakers).

Any thoughts or suggestion anyone?

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #209 of 252
Thought I would quickly share my thoughts on the RXmkIII. I was able to listen today for about 10 minutes and I was blown away. I am a big fan of the MKII but have been using the SR71-B because I wanted to go balanced. I will be replacing that amp with the MKIII when it is available. It is so musical. Sweet, warm really similar sound signature as the last RX but with the addition of the bass knob it is out of this world. I will wait and do a proper review when I am able to listen for an extended time but let me say to all of you waiting.... It is worth the wait. Hands down it is my favorite portable amp.
I was at the LA meet today and Ken had some amazing items on his table.
Really exciting stuff.
Can't wait.

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #210 of 252
monotune,

Thanks for the encouraging update, but here's the $64,000 question, any news on a release date?!?

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Thought I would quickly share my thoughts on the RXmkIII. I was able to listen today for about 10 minutes and I was blown away. I am a big fan of the MKII but have been using the SR71-B because I wanted to go balanced. I will be replacing that amp with the MKIII when it is available. It is so musical. Sweet, warm really similar sound signature as the last RX but with the addition of the bass knob it is out of this world. I will wait and do a proper review when I am able to listen for an extended time but let me say to all of you waiting.... It is worth the wait. Hands down it is my favorite portable amp.
I was at the LA meet today and Ken had some amazing items on his table.
Really exciting stuff.
Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back