new akg k323 xs
Nov 4, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #17 of 32
Bought AKG K323XSA after Brainwavz S5 broke, leaving me in a state of shock. I chose them because I already own AKG K550. They may have small drivers but god knows they are ultra comfortable and the sound quality is more than sufficient for listening to digital radio on my smartphone.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #18 of 32
I've been using these for 2 months now, and I'm really happy with them.

Extremely confortable for side sleeping, they replaced my former T-Jays for the night and naps. I wear them cable down, but sometimes i need to put the cable up / around the ear on the ear I sleep on and I just dont feel them. As confortable as the soundmagic PL50 was, but with bass and a smooth signature !

I use the stock medium tips. Tried a few others, including hybrids, but found the stock tips to be the best. They are a little more rigid and bring the best bass. Isolation is also very good with stock tips (but less with other tips).

The cable makes a little bit of noise when wore cable down, so it's not that nice when moving.  But for home use, it's really fine (and a lot better than then rigid re-400 cable).

Comparing the sound to other iem I used (as i can, i'm no audiophile) :
As smooth as re-400, with a little more bass, and a bit more power in the upper mid range (but not to the point of being unbearable like the pl50).  May be a little more space/soundstage, i would put them between the re-400 (intimate) and the Philips Fidelio S1 (spacious).
Less bass than the t-jays I loved, it was quite a bit of a shock when I switched from the t-jays : the music had a lot more clarity, air and space, more enjoyable (now, I'm used to that and the surprise is gone).

Would love to read more reviews and technical comments about their sound.

Home and night rigs :

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #19 of 32
I've been trying a lot of headphones with the 75ohm impudence adapter and today I grabbed the K323 out of my bag of random cheap IEM. I forgot how good they sounded and decided to try the impudence adapter on them. Man, I think these took to that a lot better than any headphone I have tried thus far. The mid-range was always the strong point of K323 with it being slightly forward. The Treble always had good sparkle but never to the point that it became shrill, though I am known to like harsher treble so take my word with a grain of salt, and the bass had a bit of power but both frequency felt like they were slightly behind vocals. @75ohms everything starts to balance out. The mid-range falls into line with the rest of the spectrum. This makes, I'm not sure if it actually it, the bass feel more prominent but not overpowering. Nothing feels like it's to far behind anything else.

TBH I would compare it to the ATH-IM70. Which is a headphone I loved but I had to work really hard to get a fit. I'm not going to throw around the words giant killers or tell you to rush out and buy a pair with a 4PTO4S adapter. I'm just going to say that if you already have one and you don't mind throwing $50 or $20 (respectively) toward getting the other component then give it a whirl.

NOTE: These are very tip sensitive. I use Sony Hybrids on mine. As you can tell from the first page when you change the tips the sound will change drastically. I wish my triple flange tips would fit but woe is me.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #20 of 32
Bought the K323 today, so far they sound quite ok.. Haven't had hp's with this much bass for a while.
biggrin.gif
 Need to try with other tips to see if they balance out a little though. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #21 of 32
The bass will settle down with use. I would burn them in over night for a couple of nights and see what happens.

Jan 1, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #22 of 32
Running them out of my iPod (compared to Lumia) seems to be giving a much much more balanced sound. I was actually a bit disappointed in their sound before, as I had read all the rave reviews, but now they start to sound really good. Way better than other iem's I've heard in this price range such as CX300's.

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #23 of 32
Could someone recommend me some new eartips? I managed to lose the original ones that came with these. 

I'm using the smallest tips, but left side iem keeps dropping out of my ears.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #24 of 32
I actually liked the Sony hybrids with this IEM. You can get a pack of these at a Sony store for around $10.

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #25 of 32
IMO, they are very close to neutral. They sound very close to ATH-IM50. Slight differences in the highs.

Here are my EQ settings for K323XS on FiiO X1 (7 band EQ). I'm too used to studio monitors, I can't stand heavily colored sound and many IEMs are quite heavily colored. :frowning2:

62Hz  -4 (~-8dB)
160Hz  -5 (~-10dB)
400Hz  -3 (~-6dB)
1kHz  0 (0dB)
3kHz  +2 (~+4dB)
8kHz  -3 (~-6dB)
16kHz  +3 (~+6dB)

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #26 of 32
  Could someone recommend me some new eartips? I managed to lose the original ones that came with these. 

I'm using the smallest tips, but left side iem keeps dropping out of my ears.

I'm using Comply T-100. Force a pencil tip 9or any tapered up the hole to expand it and fit it in before it contracts.

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #27 of 32
Still using my K323's, today compared to them to my other portable headphone, Koss Portapro. After the akg's, portapros sounded very anxieting. Muddy in comparison, less soundstage, less defined, worse transient response. They sound almost cable broken in comparison..

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #28 of 32
If T-100's fit, then Shure Olives should fit as well, with the taper trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back