New Air Jordan XX3 on 01/25/08 in 23 Stores!!!
Jan 22, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when i living large in the states, these were all the rage. i thought they was the baddest. i would love to recapture those years - i felt cool just by the shoes i bought. they look nice - if felt - hot damn!

They still are the baddest! LOL. I'm just recapturing my youth because my parents never let me buy them. So, ever since I've moved out when I was 18, I've been buying them every year
cool.gif
...and I'm starting to collect the retros.

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 22
Those XXIII"s look pretty sweet. I've liked the last couple of generations since XX. I don't collect them anymore, but kept deadstock for every original colorway through XIV. A couple years ago I sold them for quite a profit. My bet was that the current retro craze was steaming out. Maybe it was a wise decision, probably not. I do miss pulling them out and looking at them. It makes me envious that the current collectors get all the sweet re-issue's. Then again, talk about a wallet drain.

My top five Jordans:

5. V - Translucent sole; that was a trip with clear lace locks and the super reflective tongue. The bar was raised with that edition. Ever since, I expected something crazy with each new generation.

4. XX - After several years of ho hum releases, XIX anyone, this pair made me go ahhh. The ankle strap, return of patent, lazer etched strap, and sweet sole. I almostttt bought a pair just because I found them so dope.

3. XII - Inspired by the Japanese Flag. I loved the clean look plus the comfort; maybe the best Jordan to play basketball in, and one of the most popular Jordans in the NBA.

2. XI - Patent leather = sweet! They looked like no other shoes when they dropped. A year later, patent was all over footwear from Airwalks to Cole Hahns. It marked perhaps the height of the shoe's influence. It set trends across market.

1. VI - soooo the shiz. I love the grips in the tongue and back. The perforated panels were nice as well. Also, it was the first Jordan to feature no stitching on the toe and the angular design conflicted with the first nine's more organic look. Remember the Garnett/White colorway? I.E. the clown shoes? Oh man!

large_aj6.jpg

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those XXIII"s look pretty sweet. I've liked the last couple of generations since XX. I don't collect them anymore, but kept deadstock for every original colorway through XIV. A couple years ago I sold them for quite a profit. My bet was that the current retro craze was steaming out. Maybe it was a wise decision, probably not. I do miss pulling them out and looking at them. It makes me envious that the current collectors get all the sweet re-issue's. Then again, talk about a wallet drain.

My top five Jordans:

5. V - Translucent sole; that was a trip with clear lace locks and the super reflective tongue. The bar was raised with that edition. Ever since, I expected something crazy with each new generation.

4. XX - After several years of ho hum releases, XIX anyone, this pair made me go ahhh. The ankle strap, return of patent, lazer etched strap, and sweet sole. I almostttt bought a pair just because I found them so dope.

3. XII - Inspired by the Japanese Flag. I loved the clean look plus the comfort; maybe the best Jordan to play basketball in, and one of the most popular Jordans in the NBA.

2. XI - Patent leather = sweet! They looked like no other shoes when they dropped. A year later, patent was all over footwear from Airwalks to Cole Hahns. It marked perhaps the height of the shoe's influence. It set trends across market.

1. VI - soooo the shiz. I love the grips in the tongue and back. The perforated panels were nice as well. Also, it was the first Jordan to feature no stitching on the toe and the angular design conflicted with the first nine's more organic look. Remember the Garnett/White colorway? I.E. the clown shoes? Oh man!

large_aj6.jpg

Nice choices!

Here are my top five:
V - Hottest Jordan ever! They made all three versions cool...Red/White/Black, Black/Silver, White/Grape/Teal. I like this version so much that I'm thinking about buying all three.

XI - Patent leather was awesome. I'm still searching for a pair these today...in my size. My personal favorite was the White/Black version.

VI - I had a friend that had these and thought they were ugly at first, but then seriously grew on me. I'm very fond of the tongue.

VII - I love the Olympic version of this shoe! It can be had for a measly $2k now!

XXI - My red one's! That's suede boys, not felt...but look like felt.

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #22 of 22
I also take an interest in jordans, it's just a real shame that the quality nowadays is awful compared to what it once was. Why? Because the comsumers buy them all anyways, they dont realize that if they boycott jordan brand, the company will start producing quality retros.
frown.gif

As for the 23s, theres NO WAY they should retail for $230 ($330 over here), its just an excuse for the whole "23" scheme (23 stores across the states are getting 23 pairs of this colourway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back