New addition to my Sennheiser family. It just arrived!!! (56k warning)
Mar 23, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon
Wireless? How are you supposed to recable the sucker?
evil_smiley.gif

That would make for one hell of a mod!

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach
Unless you're really far from the audio source, why not just get a 3m extension cord? Then with most senns you'll have 6m of distance! That should be more than enough in most cases, and I dare say, the sound quality would be superior to RF.

Precisely because of the FREEDOM that wirelessness provides. When you use your wired headphones, yes, the quality is superior and you may have a greater control... but you are bound to your chair. And if you use a portable, the cable can get on the way during certain tasks.

What I love about a wireless headphone is the fact that I can move around without the limitation of 6ft of cable (or an extension). It's just too damn good not to be tethered to the source.

I firmly believe most headphones will go the wireless way (Blue Tooth, etc) because of these conveniences.

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #18 of 32
Yeah, im still waiting for senn to make a Bluetooth can. Then and only then do I invest in wireless...

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon
Wireless? How are you supposed to recable the sucker?
evil_smiley.gif

I hear Monster Cable is coming out with wireless cables.

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster
I hear Monster Cable is coming out with wireless cables.

Yes, and prices will start at $80 per foot, continuing with Monster Cable's pricing tradition.

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Visigodo
Yes, and prices will start at $80 per foot, continuing with Monster Cable's pricing tradition.

But if they're that expensive, they must be good!

Besides, they're hand-litzed by Bigfoot at the fake moon-landing site under supervision of the Loch Ness Monster.

Mar 24, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster
But if they're that expensive, they must be good!

Besides, they're hand-litzed by Bigfoot at the fake moon-landing site under supervision of the Loch Ness Monster.

Don't forget their unique fiber alloy made with authentic unicorn horn powder.

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Don't forget their unique fiber alloy made with authentic unicorn horn powder.

That's why Best Buy carries them.

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #25 of 32
If the sound never gets to be your cup of tea, you cna always do some surgery and replace the driver by the 580/600 or 650 ones and get a really high end can with the RF capability....
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Precisely because of the FREEDOM that wirelessness provides. When you use your wired headphones, yes, the quality is superior and you may have a greater control... but you are bound to your chair. And if you use a portable, the cable can get on the way during certain tasks.

What I love about a wireless headphone is the fact that I can move around without the limitation of 6ft of cable (or an extension). It's just too damn good not to be tethered to the source.

I firmly believe most headphones will go the wireless way (Blue Tooth, etc) because of these conveniences.

You have an excellent point! I quite forgot the whole wireless freedom afforded. I reckon my post is akin to saying that wifi is a needless technology (which it quite obviously isn't), seeing as ethernet cables can be had with lengths far greater than 6m
biggrin.gif
. But things really are going in the wireless direction.

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by bulls
nice review, but i was wondering if there are any good bluetooth headphones out? or planning to be released?

The TEN Technologies naviplay looks very promising, and it's all bluetooth all the way. This model is designed specifically for the iPod (as usual). Still very expensive ($200):

ten_naviplay.jpg

Product page: TEN Technologies

At the very least, the NaviPlay looks damn good.

----

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
If the sound never gets to be your cup of tea, you cna always do some surgery and replace the driver by the 580/600 or 650 ones and get a really high end can with the RF capability....
wink.gif

I don't think that would be necessary (though I have to say it's tempting). These cans sound great. I'm quite happy with this purchase.
580smile.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #29 of 32
I have a pair of their old RS6 wireless cans here at the office. The lack of cords is fantastic. They sound pretty good, IMO. Perfect for work... smooth with no hint of fatigue, meaning I can wear them for hours.

Good luck... Mine are going on 7 years and still going strong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back