New ACS T1 Customs
Mar 3, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #106 of 118
But it's a budget miracle.

Jan 17, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #107 of 118
Hey guys, sorry for bump this old thread.
But i am just wondering if there are any ACS users that can post pictures of their customs.
I found a nice picture of the T2, but I believe that silver cable option is discontinued, so I am trying to find is there are any other nice combos out there. After all, it is none-detachable, so I better make the right choice.
The Silver is simply gorgeous !
Is it possible for anyone to identify which colour is that ?
Solid white or.. fluorescent colour ?
t2p1050173gf2.jpg

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #108 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, sorry for bump this old thread.
But i am just wondering if there are any ACS users that can post pictures of their customs.
I found a nice picture of the T2, but I believe that silver cable option is discontinued, so I am trying to find is there are any other nice combos out there. After all, it is none-detachable, so I better make the right choice.
The Silver is simply gorgeous !
Is it possible for anyone to identify which colour is that ?
Solid white or.. fluorescent colour ?
t2p1050173gf2.jpg

Hi

First post so be gentle!

I went to ACS last Friday to sort out getting some T1 and some Biopact protectors for when I'm on my motorbike.

After much discussion, and a couple of sets of impresisons due to a few piercings in my right ear, I ordered some T1 in Opalecsent White glitter, with silver Raylon cable... I was told this was a new option... Initially I was shown the black & translucent Kevlar cables, but after asking was shown the silver and black Raylon type. I went with the silver purely due to the look, outstanding IMO!

The Neutrik connector is no longer an option.

I also ordered some Biopact in red glitter. ACS were really heplful and saved me £100 by suggesting they could make me a set of Biopact in 40 Shore so I didn't have to order their Sleepfit protectors as well. Top service.

I'm going back in a few weeks for a fitting as they wanted to make sure they have got them right due to the metalwork... Andy the lab manager was called out to advise and took some photos so they would be able to work easier when making the T1.

As soon as they are sorted I'll post some pics, I thought long and hard about colour and was able to hold up a sample of the white against the silver cable and thought it looked awesome. We'll see...
beerchug.gif

As for the £100 saved? Well SWMBO found a lovely place for lunch...
wink.gif

Cheers,

Johnny

Feb 11, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #109 of 118
Just a quick update...

I took a call from ACS yesterday to say the T1 and Biopact were ready and would i like to arrange to go over for a fitting.

So I'm off to Banbury tomorrow morning and, all being well, will have them home with me in the afternoon.

I'll post some pictures when I get back.

Cheers,

Johnny

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #110 of 118
I picked up my ACS T1 IEMs and Biopact protectors yesterday:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Fit was perfect, despite the piercings. They really did do a fantastic job... So much so they wanted photos of the work, apparently to go on the website to showcase complex custom work!

Not had too much chance to try them yet, but initial listening proved very positive. I'll be honest and admit I was slightly underwhelmed at first, maybe due to the recording... Maybe due to the fact they don't seem to add anything to the sound? It kind of reminded me of the natural sound of my Linn setup at home...

However with a bit more time I was blown away, Clare de Lune reducing me to tears within the hour. It was like I could almost 'feel' hands moving over piano keys. Odd, but wonderful.

Listening to This Is Dubstep made my choice of T1 over T2 seem the right choice, with super low, heavy bass being the order of the day. Main point for me was Chase & Status - Saxon in which there was a Sitar section I just never noticed previously! The way each note decayed and fell away as the next came in was delectable.

Another highlight included Example, Won't Go Quietly (remix) on the MOS Clubbers Guide Electro, which was just perfect!

Clearly much more listening is needed but from the first test the sound from the T1s is heavenly... Money well spent I feel.

Cheers,

Johnny.

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #112 of 118
No, the neutrik connector was no longer an option, I did ask...

Mine are also, apparently, the first pair with the new Raylon cable. The staff at ACS seemed very impressed with it, and my T1s in general. It's far more silver in real life, the pics don't really show it too well, despite my many attempts.

The Biopact are motorsport protectors, for use on my new BMW S1000RR
regular_smile .gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #113 of 118
Nice customs
smily_headphones1.gif

And who said there cant be any artwork on the face plate of a silicon customs xD

I suggested a gallery for acs customs to Andy, who friendly took in the advice it seems
biggrin.gif

Currently patiently waiting for some great news...
biggrin.gif

And I also have some other priorities on my hands before getting my first customs, an ACS customs
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #115 of 118
currently have T1s on order (also have IBasso dx100 on order so it's been an expensive month...) I currently have Shure 535 IEMs with custom sleeves made by the same company so I should be able to offer a comparison between the two soon...

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #117 of 118
I've had the T1s for a week now and the sound quality is remarkable. I'm listening on a Cowon J3 and hearing elements of music I've never heard before. Ialways thought my Shure 535s were good, and they are, but these are so much better...

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #118 of 118
In case it help others I just wanted to post a quick report of my long-term experience (since mid-2013) with ACS T1s. Unfortunately it's bad news! They have just broken AGAIN (see details below) and they're now outside warranty, so I'm sadly going to just cut my losses and throw them in the bin, which I feel is pretty pathetic considering their cost, the fact they're only 18 months old, that they got so little use and received so much babying. 

Suffice to say, I'll never buy another pair of ACS IEMs again!

Details:

05/2013 - Original purchase. Approx £550 UK pounds were paid. Outcome: order was screwed up and I got the old version T1s which ACS replaced with the new model
07/2013 - Right IEM started cutting out. Outcome: ACS replaced them under warranty quoting moisture as the root cause
10/2013 - Left IEM started cutting out. Outcome: ACS replaced them under warranty quoting moisture as the root cause
02/2015 - Right IEM started cutting out. Outcome: they'll have to go in the trash as they're out of warranty

Since 10/2013 I literally babied the IEMs to the point it was embarrassing. I put them in a sealed glass jar with about 10 silica gels, including some indicator-type gels which are color coded and would have indicated if their ability to remove moisture had been exhausted. I also used them about once a month. 

So, in summary, I paid £550 for a product that had to go back 3 times in the first 6 months, and ultimately they lasted less than 2 years. I'd say I probably only got to use them fewer than 100 times in total. There's pretty poor value for money at £5.50 per use, kind of similar to the price of a music album. 

I may have just been very, very unlucky, so YMMV. However, if you've another option that could work similarly well, then it may be best to go with that. I wish I had done so back in 2013 as that's what I must now do ... alas £550 less well off.

Happy listening,
Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back