New $60 Meelectronic M-Duo sound worse than $5 Panasonic RP-HJE120 - why?
Mar 12, 2014 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Toyotaspeed

New Head-Fier
I just got my $60 Meelectronic M-Duo in the mail and tried a few songs on them. Compared to my old $5 Panasonic RP-HJE120, the sound is not very rich compared to the Panasonics. The The highs and lows are a lot clearer with the Panasonic. There is also a "hiss" during quieter songs with the M-Duos that I don't notice with the Panasonics. Is this just a matter of letting the Meelectronics burn in? I'm fairly new to the headphone scene so I'd like some advice, thanks.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #6 of 8
I have the RP-HJE270-K pair, these cheap phones are amazing. Panasonic can put out some quality. This is why I am afraid to buy more expensive models.

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 8
  Would it be possible to provide more power to it somehow whilst using it with my phone?

I recommend getting a DAC/AMP that is compatible with your phone (I think Fiio has a few that are relatively affordable)...  That might be your issue here.  The Panasonic isn't as sensitive as the MEElectronics model the MEE is about 5% more efficient with power to be exact.  I think it might actually be the player you are using that is outputting something improper, which is shown by the hissing you are hearing.  The hissing on softer songs isn't the headphones, rather it's the phone outputting noise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back