New 24/192 dac from china-nice!
Mar 11, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #736 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ15k
We need a chinese "HeadF-i Team"
k1000smile.gif

YES!

Mar 11, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #737 of 1,341
Of course. I've read this thread thru and thru and know what happened.
I only ment my earlier post as something funny, not trying to put down your election for a thread title or anything. I'm actually in great debt of gratitude towards you for starting this thread and letting the world (including me) know about the magnificent Morning Dew DAC!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
It's typical not being able to get correct info on obscure chinese equipment.
Only untill here recently we have found out more info on the dac.When i started the thread i was told by lawrence it was 24/192.Hardly anyone in this country had ever heard of this dac then and there was very limited info on it unless you spoke Chinese.This has already been menchined several times before.

Regardless of anything else ---the dac sounds darn good.It's nice to be able to enjoy a highend sound on such a small amount of money.

Mar 11, 2006 at 11:09 AM Post #738 of 1,341
I have just gotten my psu and clock upgrade, can anyone tell me where the clock signal goes on the dac board ?

thanx

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #740 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
Guys that live near atlanta-we need to meet up and have some fun comparing different dacs.
icon10.gif

I have a stock zhaolu with dy2000 opamp that we can compare with your modded out zhoalu to set this party straight.

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #746 of 1,341
Sense we have found out that the clock mod is not needed and the power supply mod may not be needed that leaves the battery mod.

It is sorta stange that no one has really discussed it that much or no interest in it.I guess with the zhaolu dac 2 on the horizon it will more than likely slow sales up on the previous models.

But nevertheless the battery option holds some interest.

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #747 of 1,341
Well i did some dc offset readings--here it goes.

This is done with a fully modded dac without the dy2000 opamp

My meter is just a new cheaper one from radioshack.

With all 3 OPA 2604 opamps in place with meter@20ma

right channel 4.29mv
left channel 2.38mv

Now taking the middle opamp out and the meter @20v

right channel 4.88v
left channel 4.90v

I had to test the voltage at 20v because my meter jumps from 2v to 20 v settings.

From this i cannot recommend for anyone to listen to the dac without the middle opamp--it possibly could damage someone's equipment.
confused.gif

It seems it is just the nature of the beast,but as you see on the dual middle opamp one side is putting out more then the other side--it is in mv so that possibly means nothing.

I have ordered some AD 823 AN (Analogue Devices) to try out and will test the dc offset to see if they are any different

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #748 of 1,341
Is the mid op working as a virtual ground?

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #749 of 1,341
yikes! 5 volts!!

here's a question: i have some 637's i want to keep in, but i only have 5. do i need to buy another to have all the same opamps in the three positions? or.....does it matter much what's in the middle? could i have the 637's on the sides, and the stock or dy2000 opamp in the middle spot? i'm guessing the middle doesn't affect sonic signature much

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #750 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
yikes! 5 volts!!

here's a question: i have some 637's i want to keep in, but i only have 5. do i need to buy another to have all the same opamps in the three positions? or.....does it matter much what's in the middle? could i have the 637's on the sides, and the stock or dy2000 opamp in the middle spot? i'm guessing the middle doesn't affect sonic signature much

The middle does effect the sonic sig.The dy2000 is already a dual opamp so that is fine--i don't really know much about the 637?if they are mono you will need 2 per browndog adaptor .

It's just according to what flavour of sound you like the most---it would be fine for the 637 in the side slots and the dy2000 in the middle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back