New 24/192 dac from china-nice!
Apr 5, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #1,051 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengzhe
Distribution branch might be set up in the USA. American users have the option to purchase it from there with maintenance guarantee.

Really?Thats interesting.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #1,052 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengzhe
Distribution branch might be set up in the USA. American users have the option to purchase it from there with maintenance guarantee.

See? Those economically related to the DAC write in bold, red letters.
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #1,053 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by zdogg
Wow, this thread becomes more and more entertaining the further I read
biggrin.gif
. Gosh, I wish I got paid for discussing my personal impressions of a bargain piece of Chinese gear that I personally preferred to the Dac1, Lavry DA10, Eastsound, and SACDmods Denon 2900. Lucky I have a day job though
blink.gif
It may have been more appropriate for Benchmark and Lavry to pay us NOT to spill the beans
evil_smiley.gif

Ha, just kidding. As always, trying to learn about audio gear from a head-fi thread is fraught with peril. The same criticisms of this thread that are being made can be said of threads about other pieces of gear that are much more expensive (and about which similar fantastic hyberboles are spun). Personally, I've fallen for the Dac1 hype and the Lavry hype and quite a few others in the past (and it's not that the hype was strictly hype, these are good units). That's why I got so excited when, to my ear, this cheap little dac sounded so much better than those (to me, and supported by those with ears/sensibilities that I value). As I keep listening to it, my regard for it only grows, especially with opamp rolling and tweaking this and that.

Whew...Ok Lawrence and Eddie, there, I said what you wanted me to say...can you pay me in cash, I don't want to have to report the income and be bumped into a higher tax bracket
k1000smile.gif

LOL--you mean you can make money for this?Thats no fair--i was left out of that meeting
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #1,054 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
don't mean any rudeness in this , really .. but I want to ask
do some of you get paid to post on this thread ?

Man, you ask questions and immediately volunteer a perfect answer!
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
It is fortuitous that on your planet you are able to discuss musical ear-helmets without fear of persecution

Amen!

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #1,055 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
LOL--you mean you can make money for this?Thats no fair--i was left out of that meeting
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ah, man, we forgot to send you the memo.

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #1,061 of 1,341
Shall we begin negotiations on the formation of a Supreme Head-Fi Council?
Unassimilated thoughts will be reported an dealt with appropriately
k1000smile.gif
Maybe you re right, but why doesn t ANYBODY say this when ppl are raving about the lavry or the benchamrk? Actually the zhaolu is the first product toward which I saw that kind of comment. (not saying they re bad, just that maybe you could ask the same questions to lavry/benchamrk owners).

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #1,062 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ15k
Shall we begin negotiations on the formation of a Supreme Head-Fi Council?
Unassimilated thoughts will be reported an dealt with appropriately
k1000smile.gif
Maybe you re right, but why doesn t ANYBODY say this when ppl are raving about the lavry or the benchamrk? Actually the zhaolu is the first product toward which I saw that kind of comment. (not saying they re bad, just that maybe you could ask the same questions to lavry/benchamrk owners).

I LOVE MY LAVRY

YE HEAR, BRING IT ON ZHAOLU

thank you

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #1,065 of 1,341
100 hours. Still burning in.

*What changes can I expect between the 100 and 200 hour mark?

*Ive already removed those foam feet and replaced them with Zalman spongy (sorbothane?) feet (Im aiming for isolation since im on springy wooden flooring) - this greatly reduced chassis vibration.

*Some of you have internally dampened it. Did it make a noticeable difference? I might use blu tac strategically on the inside.

*How about disconnecting the LED? I hate the blue light shining sin my eyes. Are there any downsides to disconnecting it?

*Im going to change the stock power cable to a shielded Volex (keeping it cheap) - any other recommendations?

*What additional simple tweaks can I apply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back