Never Used any AMP Before so Please Help me out .....
Dec 20, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #18 of 20
Yeah I'm using the fiio line out on the I pad, it really does make a difference. How would you get a line out on devices which just have a headphone jack output like android phones ? Would using a double jack still be using the internal amp for those devices ?

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #19 of 20
http://www.head-fi.org/t/615766/impression-jds-labs-c421-opa2227-vs-ad8620-featuring-cmoybb-o2-t5-and-uha-4

That ompaes the two chips. Never tried the OP I guess it all varies on what headphones you use and what the signature is already on those. The AD is ment to be more natural Ish or neutral so to say with more sound stage.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #20 of 20
Thanks guys.

I am narrowing down my search for the amp to the C421 and Pico Slim. I know their prices are different, but I would like to know which one is more suitable for my classical music when they are paired with diymod iPod 5g and the EX1000.

Any comments/feedback are appreciated.

Edit #1: After some more research, the Pico Slim is out of consideration. Now down to one choice - the C421.

Edit #2: Also being considered are the ALO The National and the TTVJ Slim. Would love to hear from those who have experienced these amp's with the EX1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back