Never thought I'd be saying this but the HD600s are my favorite phones!
Jun 28, 2007 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

wae5

500+ Head-Fier
Got them today and immediately preferred them to my K701s. Who wrenched that veil? Why am I not sitting in the 50th row? Why's the bass not stuffing it to the midrange and where did all that sparkling treble come from? These phones come alive straight from that crazy box which resembles a sinister gift from Transylvania and all this without that ridiculus 800-1K hr burn-in its pallid step-sister requires just to learn how to sing. Yes, I like them and it's the best $220 I've ever spent on phones. The best part is I get to listen to hundreds of CDs again like it's the very first time.

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best part is I get to listen to hundreds of CDs again like it's the very first time.

You better get busy.
600smile.gif

HD 650 is my favorite and reference can. I'm miss listening to them while I wait for a new cable...4 weeks now.
frown.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You better get busy.
600smile.gif

HD 650 is my favorite and reference can. I'm miss listening to them while I wait for a new cable...4 weeks now.
frown.gif

Thank you so very, very much for saying that.
mad.gif

My HD600 cable is still working flawlessly, and I do occasionaly use the 1/8" plug, so I guess I'm happy with the stock cable. But...I do manage to snag the cable now and then on the edge of my desk, and I did manage to stand up once with my foot on the cable.
frown.gif
Darn, that wire's long! So the thoughts are there of either armor plating my stock cable or upgrading to the added robustness of an HD650 cable.

...at any rate....that's a long wait!

Jun 28, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 25
The HD600 is amazing. I even like it better than the HD650 (although the HD650 is less grainy).

Enjoy!

Jun 28, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 25
The headphone panel at the first National Meet all pretty much said the HD600 was still their reference can. And that was coming from non-Sennheiser headphone designers/companies. It was the standard for a long time, and still might be.

Jun 28, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headphone panel at the first National Meet all pretty much said the HD600 was still their reference can. And that was coming from non-Sennheiser headphone designers/companies. It was the standard for a long time, and still might be.

Ok....hold on while I write this down in my notebook.

Cool!
600smile.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not surprised. They're, at least to my ear, completely and utterly dead neutral. In terms of tonal balance and tone color they do everything right. Not the best at either mind you, but right.

If only they had the speed of an electrostat and a bit more deep bass extension/presense, they'd be ideal. As it stands, they're too slow for me. But, maybe driven balanced they'll be quicker.

Jun 29, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Pupil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh joy! let us hold hands so we may sing together in sweet praise of the 600!
redface.gif

Great idea! And with both MS2i and HD600 I have a choice of singing Tenor or Baritone. And sound great in either case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back