never leave your custom IEMs in your pocket
Jan 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Gatto

1000+ Head-Fier
*sigh*

aa5404a4.jpg

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 32
yeah they still work, I'm just going to need a new shell built. A tin would be a good idea, I was just wrapping them around my ipod and tossing them in my pocket
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 32
I left it in my jeans before. Took off my jeans in a hurry and left it on the floor. A little while later stepped on my jeans with my customs in there.

I bended and broke the pins in the socket. It was soo terrible. Ever since then, I always leave it inside the UE tin.

I think there are a few more alternatives out there. Avoid anything soft, as I have also broken the pins inside the sockets inside soft-shell camera case before: ( Well Good luck!

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 32
I managed to break my um-2s a while back by stepping on them. I was in a hurry, inserting them one handed while heading out the door to work. Needless to say, I dropped them, stepped on them, and crushed one of the earpieces at the seam. 5 years of keeping them in excellent shape - it can happen to anyone.

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 32
wow...pretty wild damage!!

but it still works.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 32
holy crap..thats some serious damage =( it looks like you were banging it against the wall or something

the worst ive done was leave iems in a jacket pocket or the pouch thing in a hoodie..putting it in the case always now ;p

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #13 of 32
Is the damage beyond the repair of some super glue? I certainly hope not, because that would suck.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, did you fall or was there any kind of impact? And, is this one the hearyourself custom C2s that's in ur profile? Anyway, tks a lot for the alert, Gatto
biggrin.gif

I didn't fall, they just spent a week in the pocket of my jacket where my phone and wallet went, and yes... those are my C2s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightwalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gatto, where did you make that shell?

ALIEN EARS - CUSTOM MOLDED IN EAR MONITORS & EAR PLUGS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the damage beyond the repair of some super glue? I certainly hope not, because that would suck.

I don't even have all the shell pieces any more, it was literally crushed into at least 10 tiny pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back