never knew mobile phones sounded this good
Jul 11, 2007 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nothing101

500+ Head-Fier
I got the nokia 6300 a few days ago and its a good phone but i never knew that mobiles sound this good! i havent done any a/b comparisons but i think its warmer than the ipod. i dont remember this much bass coming from my etys! while the sound does lack refinement and has a considerable hiss in the background it is amazing considering that its by no means an mp3 player or even a musicphone.

this or i am just used to the bad quality of my guitar amp... im not using the amp instead of the rig dont worry
tongue.gif
its just that guitar practice has taken over the time that i would have spent listening to music.

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 2
i just confirmed that its MUCH less bright that my computer. its probably too dark for dark phones but it serves my etys and k501s well as an alternative portable source. the background hiss is annoying for soft songs though.

just to let you people know im NOT saying that this has is better sound than an ipod, computer or other mp3 player but i am simply surprised at how good phones sound. in other words in vastly exceeded my expectations which were pretty low. i am not saying that i suggest using a phone as a source either although some may make good sources like the iphone, n95 and n91 music edition. i havent heard any of them to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back