Never been a victim of a violent crime but just had my first Bar Fight
Dec 19, 2004 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

BlindTiger

1000+ Head-Fier
Yep, it finally happened in all my years of going out. I don't know why I snapped. Popped one guy square in the jaw. The bartender was cool, he kicked out a lot of customers as it was a Friday night.
I was friggin lucky too as I was clearly outnumbered. One snot even pulled out a fake gold badge. If he was a detective, he's gotta be the best dressed one I've ever seen. Now I'm probably 86'ed from the place.
Gotta be over 8 guys in the group and only 2 stepped up to the plate, three if you add the fake cop in a burberry trench and $500 glasses.
I don't know if I'm just lucky or those other guys were scared because they could of gotten some hard licks into me, but it was still pretty physical. And, I'm very very small maybe that's why they would assume I won't fight, who knows?
Let's just say I came come with some cuts and feeling really achey.
I don't look for confrontation or attention, I'm usually very low key and not noticeable so this is way out of character for me.
update: found out these guys just wanted to start trouble by calling people to go "outside" they even went so far to say all of them has badges.
I don't think Law enforcement people would start trouble like that.

Dec 19, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #2 of 16
Sorry to hear that, but it doesn’t surprise me in the least. There always has to be some punk starting something with somebody. After my last incident outside a bar I won’t even get close to one anymore. Even if you win, you still lose.

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #3 of 16
You must still be buzzing...you didn't even tell us how it started!?
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 16
You know how it always starts, a bump, a shove, a spilled drink and repeat.
The bad part is I'll be seeing these guys again, I live in the area and they work in the area. I have the fake cop's image burned into me, he looks like the nerd guy in Sports Night now on the West Wing.
The guy who really got into it has a barrell chest and not much bigger than me. probably lifts weights. He got me in a full nelson and that's when I knew I was in trouble.
Could of been worse, My brother gets into a lot with his buddies, we're talking throwing chairs and pool cues.
Yes, it does get your adrenaline pumping.
Another note, I'm toooooo old to fight and don't plan to again. I'll be going to a lot of movies from now on.

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:21 AM Post #5 of 16
hey it happens, atleast you are ok and charges weren't pressed.

I've been in over 30 street fights. I had alot of problems when i was growing up, and eventually if you don't learn to control your temper or the situation (if it at all possible) your going to get bagged or killed.

Don't let your confidence swell to much, i have/had friends that aren't around anymore. Interpret that as you wish.

(sorry if that sounds harsh, but if u were forthright in saying your piece, i told u mine). I'll add a side note, i wasn't lecturing you, i had a broken nose last summer... the other guy had a broken face : /

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #6 of 16
Well, look at the bright side. You escaped with only some pain and some experience. It's probably better to stay away from bars. They seem like fun but in my experience only lead to trouble or depression. I used to go to bars to have a drink and hang out, but now I've got a woman that keeps me straight and gives me everything I need (she drinks with me so I don't have the urge to go to bars).
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 16
I hate any kind of physical violence. It makes me sick. But sometimes when you well being is threatened then I go in to hockey mode. What's even worse when it kicks off, I love the rush. After that I am like a nervous wreck.
tongue.gif
Strange eh?

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #8 of 16
Well, the most important part of the matter is you need to protect yourself.

A) I would protect myself from trouble
B) I would protect myself from being harmed.

You just do what you gotta do. I don't like bars or any of that, it's pretty much whawt comes with the territory. I like hanging out at home, and with my friends, not strangers who are drunk. It's asking for trouble if you ask me.

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:54 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Well, the most important part of the matter is you need to protect yourself.

A) I would protect myself from trouble
B) I would protect myself from being harmed.

You just do what you gotta do. I don't like bars or any of that, it's pretty much whawt comes with the territory. I like hanging out at home, and with my friends, not strangers who are drunk. It's asking for trouble if you ask me.

I totally agree. I do like bars but not the people in them. Why can't we have a headfi bar!!! At least you would have something in common then
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 8:18 AM Post #10 of 16
The thing that scares me is the idea that a number of people in this world, would carry around fake police badges on their persons. I mean what else is this numchuck gonna pull it out for? 16 year olds girls in the alley?

(There's a play on words in there, TOTALLY UNINTENTIONAL.)

And what happens when a real cop finds it in their pocket, isn't that some kind of an offence?

Dec 19, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #11 of 16
bar fights, gang fights even fighting in restraunts are not common. However it is better to be prepared next time (I am not avocating any fights BTW). I have been in numerious, and I would not be pround of any of them, but as quoted earlier, you do what you have to do to protect yourself.

Dec 19, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Why can't we have a headfi bar!!! At least you would have something in common then
biggrin.gif

I don't know about that. A bunch of guys with their etys on full volume with their new Porta Corda wouldn't be the ideal setup for conversation
etysmile.gif
!
WHAT, DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?

Concerning fights, I still haven't failed to talk myself out of, or in extreme situations, outrun one. I just get really uncomfortable around violence, call me a coward but at least my nose is still intact.

Dec 19, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #14 of 16
If the dude was a real cop I'll be in jail right now for the weekend. I don't think real cops would give anyone a break. He's probably a rich kid who's dad has some connections and gave it to him.
These were all rich kids, gotta be rich because they all work for a company that pays very little but has high prestige factor.
And, this place wasn't a cop bar, I used to hang at a cop bar and cops usually leave you alone.

Dec 19, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #15 of 16
Bar fights= Stupid.

It’s like a gathering of Darwin Award Contestants competing for first prize. Add alcohol, testosterone and some adrenaline and you get front-page news of another moron killed in a bar fight.

“I just get really uncomfortable around violence”- You’re supposed to feel really uncomfortable around violence. It’s called survival.

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back