Neutron Music Player or USB Audio Player PRO
Nov 17, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #16 of 17
I am considering one of the two Android music players, Neutron Music Player (NMP, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp) or USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro), and I need your help.

I have been using a PC to organize music files, but recently began to use an Android tablet (Google Nexus) more often to listen to music.  The output from the device is not so good as the one from my PC, and I am thinking about using a portable DAC/AMP with an Android software, either NMP or UAPP.  I tried the NMP, but couldn't do so with the UAPP before paying.  The NMP seems good, but want to try the UAPP, too, before selecting the right one.

Could you anyone help me choose a right one for me if you have used both?  Thanks.

Try opening settings on your pc for sound playback devices, and choose your dac, then go to properties and play around with the quality in that menu, bit rate and stuff, go to the highest your dac will support, I had the same thing so I checked it out and windows had the lowest quality option available as default.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #17 of 17

I am wondering about apps like USB Audio player Pro and Onkyo HF Player.

Basically I am thinking about getting a phone as a file source for my Chord Mojo DAC. I have decided I am only going to do it if I can playback files in bit-perfect playback.

Therefor please:
Do USB Audio player Pro and Onkyo HF Player allow bit-perfect playback?
If there is an audio player built into the software on a phone or tablet. If so, would it have the ability to play-back in bit-perfect? (I realise no-one could answer for every audio player there is, but I am curious in general please.)

UAPP has a setting for bit-perfect playback. It disables all processing (EQ, volume). It sounds fantastic. Better than from my PC somehow... Not quite sure why that's the case. 

Hello again. Sorry, please I just noticed that I did not reply to your answer that you left me. Rude of me. However I am sure that it was just a mistake in that I read your reply from my email. Then I would have been thinking I would reply and thank you soon. My apologies and thank you again.

-------------------------------------------------

I only noticed because I found I had another question and came looking for this thread again. I was wondering if the USB Audio Player Pro allows for hardware synchronisation. Like when I use JRiver Media Player, I have to set one second of silence on new albums or newly selected tracks. Otherwise my external DAC which I use on my PC cuts of the first half second of music. 

Please could someone tell me if USB Audio Player Pro has this function in the settings. (I suppose I could look for an online manual too.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back