Neutrik X-HD Series XLR Cable connectors?
Mar 30, 2004 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Anybody know where to buy the Neutrik X-HD Series XLR Cable connectors?

NC3FX-HD
NC3MX-HD

2_204_114781.jpg

1_204_114781.jpg

I know that the regular X Series XLR connectors are easily available, but I want the X-HD series.

Neutrik doesn't have the X-HD series as available with 4 Pins, like the X Series, but would the insert piece with pins of the X Series be compatible with the X-HD shell?

I guess if the X-HD Series was available with 4 pins, the part numbers would look like:

NC4FX-HD
NC4MX-HD

-Ed

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 5
Wow. Markertek is FAST! I ordered yesterday and got them today.

These connectors are a little heavier than the standard X Series. The main shell is lathed stainless steel with a polished brushed finish.

The rubber strain relief boot is the same as the standard X series, but the knurled part is now metal with a bead blasted finish. The main shell also has an extra O-ring for better sealing.

As I suspected the inner part is exactly the same as the standard ones. And yes, they are interchangeable. So to make a 4, 5, or 6 pin version, you will have to use one from the standard X series.

The female X-HD connector however is nearly the same as the standard X series, except that it has rubber molded around the middle and covers the release lever, and forms an extra lip for further sealing. it also has an extra O-ring for sealing with the boot.

However, the fit is really tight, and a pain to separate the male X-HD from the female X-HD connector.
But no worries, as the X-HD and X series work with each other interchangeably.

Pics:

X-HD_series_01.jpg

X-HD_series_02.jpg

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back