Neutral portable amp for < 100 EUR?
Jun 28, 2014 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BatFi

Aka: Skamp, Headfiend
Hi,

I'm looking for a completely neutral headphone amp for my smartphone which is very quiet. I was looking at the Topping NX1 which is super cheap, but after reading the entire thread I'm not sure it's really neutral. Then I thought about the FiiO E11 but I read this in the Topping thread:

Comparing it to the E11 which would be it's direct competitor. This comparison is not even close. The E11 has a dark signature, bloated bass and crunchy highs. Listening to Mariah Carey sounds like she's got a sore throat. The NX1 wins in every aspect by a large margin.

Now I don't know :frowning2:

Any ideas? I really can't spend more than 100 euros, and it would be really nice if I could find a good one for less (like 60 euros).

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Take a look at this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-11-1-amps-compared

The problem is that everyone hears differently which is why you get differing opinions.  My only advice is to read everyone's comments and make an informed decision yourself.

Jun 29, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 4
The C&C BH is quite nice. I recently got the more expensive FiiO E12, but I find it marginally better, and I can see why some BH fans might prefer it to the E12. Then consider the great battery life. Sure is nice not to have to charge it very often, and the small size is nice, too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back