Neutral IEM's
Dec 4, 2016 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

slim shady

Head-Fier
Im looking for neutral earphones under 300$. My source will be my lg g4 and i do not have any amp/dac neither i inted to buy cause im on move (college student)

Genre of music interested - rock, hip-hop, classical, edm, trance , deep house , blues, rap (sort of everything)

currently what im looking over is rha t20, shure 425, ie80.

Pls advice.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 8
Im looking for neutral earphones under 300$. My source will be my lg g4 and i do not have any amp/dac neither i inted to buy cause im on move (college student)

Genre of music interested - rock, hip-hop, classical, edm, trance , deep house , blues, rap (sort of everything)

Pls advice.
You don't want neutral if you listen to edm and hiphop or rap. What I have been listening to for a couple of hours now is the Senfur UE I paid $17 for but I think they are $25 or so now.Single balanced armature earphone but is tuned really good. These things rock.

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 8
In response to your request for suggestions for neutral IEM's I will 'vote' for Etymotics Research, specifically in your case their HF5 model. Your budget actually allows a higher end model such as the ER4 series or almost but not quite enough money for the new ER4SR (neutral) or ER4XR (also neutral but slightly boosted bass) models. I have the ER4P-T model and my ER4SR on order as I type, can't wait for it to arrive.

Respecting that your music source will be your phone I personally feel that your money is best kept in your wallet and suggest the HF5. The ER4 level IEM's fare better with a more powerful source, and while the newer models will do better from a phone than the ER4's I still feel you are in HF5 territory.

The HF5 is 'warm' when compared to the ER4's but neutral compared to the vast majority of other brands. I have a very eclectic music collection and personally love how my HF5's sound across genre's.

*Be ready to have IEM's pushed farther in your ear than you have ever had before, it is an Etymotics design trait that really delivers their sound.

For further reading on Etymotics Research (almost a course level of material for a college student) please check out: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/538615/if-you-still-love-etymotic-er4-this-is-the-thread-for-you

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #4 of 8

Pls advice.

You should check out the LZ A4, it's really a cameleont of an IEM that should give you the possibility to enjoy all kinds of music at its best. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812329/lz-a4-impressions-and-discussion-thread/285#post_13059847

My full review on them will be up very shortly :wink:

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 8
  You should check out the LZ A4, it's really a cameleont of an IEM that should give you the possibility to enjoy all kinds of music at its best. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812329/lz-a4-impressions-and-discussion-thread/285#post_13059847

My full review on them will be up very shortly :wink:

this all i want is an iem to enjoy all genres of music as accurately i can, also problem is im from india and these options are all i have from this site                                                                        
 www.headphonezone.in  

Etymotics are not available from any authorized resellers and importing is a pain.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 8
These are the brands available in india available to me

Akg
Audeze
astell and kern
Audio-Technica
Beyerdynamic
Chord
Denin
Dunu
Fiio
Focal
Grado
Hifi man
Jabra
Jaybird
Jays
Jbl klipsch
Marshall
Master and dynamic
MEElectronics
Meze
Monster.
Oppo
Rha
Rock Jaw Audio
Schiit
Shure’s
Sennheiser
Sony
Sol Republic
Sound magic
Sudio
Technics
Urbanears
Vmoda

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 8

this all i want is an iem to enjoy all genres of music as accurately i can, also problem is im from india and these options are all i have from this site                                                                        
 www.headphonezone.in  

Etymotics are not available from any authorized resellers and importing is a pain.

I uderstand. In my experience (and I stress that this is for my personal preference) I find neutral IEM's to often lack some impact when listening to rap/hip hop/electronica and even some pop music since I prefer a quite impactful subbass to fully enjoy these music styles. As always YMMV.

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 8
i would like to ask how would the vmoda crossfade wireless would fade against rha t20, also if i go for headphones my options available to me are dt770 senheisser 519, 598 , ath m50x, sennheiser momentum wired/wireless 2, shure shh1440, hifiman edition-s and dunu 2000(sold out)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back