Neutral iem + full size <£100 each
Jul 26, 2018 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pr0gress

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for both a neutral iem & neutral full size with a budget of £100 for each (I'd be willing to go higher for the full size by a max of £50. For reference I currently use hifman re400 iems which are neutral and I enjoy the sound signature but I'm looking to change due to the awful cables (already had an re400a cable fall to pieces). I've also used various soundmagic iem's in the past in the sub £100 range which are generally considered v-shaped.

For a source the iem's would be driven by an Sony Xperia XZ Premium (the phone claims to have certain 'audiophile' features but I'm unable to find specs for the headphone jack output). The fullsize would be driven by a desktop computer (I'd consider adding a amp/dac down the line). Detachable cables would be preferred as would a black colourway (these are not mandatory however)

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 3
AKG K702's (open) are around £109 (a lot more expensive in the US for some reason)
AKG k550 mk3's (closed)

Not sure on a balanced IEM for under £100, maybe etymotic hf5? its around £100 I believe

Hope this helps

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 3
Mm I would say this very hard to give you advice, best is try but for sure it is not possible always. In my opinion you would have hard time to choose really quality neutral hp even in highend prices.

So in IEM try definitely Etymotic and Massdrop Plus...

Full size hp this is very hard. I think you should look on good compromise, I would go to HiFiMAN HE4XX.

Though I know it is more expensive but thats normal better be satisified...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back