Neutral IEM for watching movies and listening to podcasts.
Oct 19, 2023 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

northernsound

Head-Fier
Today the pair of IEMs that I used for watching movies and listening to podcasts stopped working so I'm looking for a new pair. Which neutral IEMs (with a mic-option) would you regard as well-suited for movies and podcasts?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 7
Today the pair of IEMs that I used for watching movies and listening to podcasts stopped working so I'm looking for a new pair. Which neutral IEMs (preferably with a mic-option) would you regard as well-suited for movies and podcasts?

The Final E500 is a warm neutral IEM that is $20 USD. It comes with the coveted Final E tips (which by themselves cost $15), so think of it as getting the IEM itself for 5 bucks!

Anyway, the E500 is thick in note weight, very smooth and non-fatiguing. It has decent soundstage/imaging for the price, and is superb with binaural tracks. Also does well for movies and videos IMO.

Oct 19, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #3 of 7
Moondrop Arya or even the Chu 2

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 7
The Final E500 is a warm neutral IEM that is $20 USD. It comes with the coveted Final E tips (which by themselves cost $15), so think of it as getting the IEM itself for 5 bucks!

Anyway, the E500 is thick in note weight, very smooth and non-fatiguing. It has decent soundstage/imaging for the price, and is superb with binaural tracks. Also does well for movies and videos IMO.
Very interesting, they seem promising. The cable looks a bit thin, does it get a lot of disturbances when it moves? I also wish it had a mic-option but for that prize I guess you can't get everything you wish for. :)

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 7
Moondrop Arya or even the Chu 2
Thanks for the advice, is the Chu 2 neutral in your opinion? The first review here on Headfi that I'm looking at sais it has recessed midrange.

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 7
Very interesting, they seem promising. The cable looks a bit thin, does it get a lot of disturbances when it moves? I also wish it had a mic-option but for that prize I guess you can't get everything you wish for. :)

The cable is fixed and has microphonics yes. But if you use a shirt clip (can be gotten for a few cents on Aliexpress), it will get rid of the microphonics.

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 7
The cable is fixed and has microphonics yes. But if you use a shirt clip (can be gotten for a few cents on Aliexpress), it will get rid of the microphonics.
Ok, I guessed that it would have above average microphonics. Thank you for the answer. :) I think I have resoned my way to the fact that I'll keep looking for something that also have a microphone-option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back