Neutral full-size headphones that sound good without amping?
Sep 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mocoheavy

New Head-Fier
Hi. I wanted to buy some headphones for under or around 50€. I want them to be neutral because i will use them for gaming and watching youtube. For music (electronic) I have other over-ear and IEMs with more bass. I also want brands that are not chinese brands and are buyable directly from the EU (also not monoprice, I only can find the in amazon UK and my bank charges for changing from euros to pounds). They can be open or closed, but I focus more on sound quality rather than on isolation because I am only going to use it just at home.
And also, which are better, gamer headphones or normal headphones? I don't care a lot about 3D or 5.1/7.1 sound, since I am not a pro. Thanks in advance!

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 13
What do you use for gaming? PC? xBox? PS3?
I think everyone (almost everyone) on head-fi agrees that normal (quality) headphones are better then "gaming" headphones.
At your budget (50 Euros), the only headphones that come to my mind are the Chinese knock offs sold at Thomann.

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 13
  Hi. I wanted to buy some headphones for under or around 50€. I want them to be neutral because i will use them for gaming and watching youtube. For music (electronic) I have other over-ear and IEMs with more bass. I also want brands that are not chinese brands and are buyable directly from the EU (also not monoprice, I only can find the in amazon UK and my bank charges for changing from euros to pounds). They can be open or closed, but I focus more on sound quality rather than on isolation because I am only going to use it just at home.
And also, which are better, gamer headphones or normal headphones? I don't care a lot about 3D or 5.1/7.1 sound, since I am not a pro. Thanks in advance!

Normal headphones are some of the Best Gamer Headphones [they just don't have a built in mic]

Still some other questions for you would be 
What are your other headphones, besides bass what do you like about those headphones

Price wise... though there's the issue if you do not want chinnese you might have to try for the Koss TBSE 1, or Pro Dj 100... that or the Koss Porta Pro. Those are my favorite all around options for that price [although I live in the US] 

Sep 10, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 13
What do you use for gaming? PC? xBox? PS3?
I think everyone (almost everyone) on head-fi agrees that normal (quality) headphones are better then "gaming" headphones.
At your budget (50 Euros), the only headphones that come to my mind are the Chinese knock offs sold at Thomann.

I use pc so all headphones with a 3.5mm jack can be used. Thomann's shipping cost is 20€ so that also is discarted. I have been looking at superlux hd681 for around 20€ included shipping. Are they good? Thanks!

Enviado desde mi Mlais MX58 Pro usando Tapatalk 4

Sep 10, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 13

Normal headphones are some of the Best Gamer Headphones [they just don't have a built in mic]

Still some other questions for you would be 
What are your other headphones, besides bass what do you like about those headphones

Price wise... though there's the issue if you do not want chinnese you might have to try for the Koss TBSE 1, or Pro Dj 100... that or the Koss Porta Pro. Those are my favorite all around options for that price [although I live in the US] 

Thanks for the reccomendations. I'll put the Koss Pro DJ 100 into the possible list, but it is a bit over the price I wanted (70€ incl. shipping), but if it really deserves it I could save up a bit more.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #6 of 13
I use PC so all headphones with a 3.5mm jack can be used. Thomann's shipping cost is 20€ so that also is discarted. I have been looking at Superlux HD681 for around 20€ included shipping. Are they good? Thanks!

Everything I hear about the HD681 is what they are good sounding headphone for a low price.
There is the newer version, the HD681 EVO.

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 13
  Everything I hear about the HD681 is what they are good sounding headphone for a low price.

There it is, I Think SuperLux is one of those Chinnese knock off headphone companies... that actually makes a good headphone 

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 13

Either model with velour pads : worth it. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #9 of 13

There it is, I Think SuperLux is one of those Chinnese knock off headphone companies... that actually makes a good headphone 

It is, but it's the only Chinese company I could find on Amazon Spain, so for just 20€ I'll give it a try. I couldn't find the evo version anywhere but on thomann. Also I looked for other models of superlux and I found the 668b (which I read that the highs are pretty harsh) and the 669 (I think it is the same as the 668, but with closed back). What do you think about them?

Enviado desde mi Mlais MX58 Pro usando Tapatalk 4

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #11 of 13
  Bump, any other ideas?

I do and I can't for the LIFE of me remember what it is... but there is this open back headphone that's about $50 shipped out of china, and I have no idea what it's called but it has it's own thread >>>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back