Neuros OSD
Jul 22, 2008 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

datura647

Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I apologize if this has been brought up before but when I searched for "Neuros OSD" I found nothing. I saw this product and it grabbed my attention because it plays back the FLAC format. Here is the link:

The Neuros OSD - Digitally Store and Easily Access your DVDs, VHS tapes and Video media | Neuros Technology

To summarize all of the specs would take too long so just check out the site. I am wondering if anyone has tried one of these or knows someone who has, and maybe also has some feedback on quality, etc. I have no real interest in bringing vhs or dvds to storage (I'm fine with an upconvert dvd player and own no vhs tapes anymore), my main use will be to put videos I download (mpg) and music files (flac) on there. I am thinking about getting some nice speakers but I don't really want to put them in my bedroom with my computer. Most of my music is in FLAC on my computer and this device will let me have my music and video collection at my TV, and I can put my sound gear in the living room.

I also think it's great that it has Ethernet connectivity allowing you to grab files from your network and browse the internet on your TV. It only costs $170 w/ free shipping on newegg so I think it's worth considering. Thanks!

edit: I just realized that there is no digital out, I guess I will wait maybe a next version will have it... Does anyone know of a similar but higher-performance product (ie digital out)?

edit2: I e-mailed Neuros and they said they are going to put out a product soon that supports HD (HDMI and Component).

Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back