Neuros II
Nov 12, 2004 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Puddleglum

100+ Head-Fier
I was checking tomshardware, and found this mp3 player reviewed for the second time (new version). After looking on their website I found good and bad, First it has a huge storage capacity (80GB), it has that whole FM thing, and of most interest to me, is that it has a line out, without requiring something like the pocketdock. Toms also gave it's headamp good marks. While it doesn't have lossless compression, it looks like it does support ogg , which is what I prefer for portable audio. What do you guys think, it does look somewhat bulky, but that isn't a problem for me in particular.

Nov 13, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 5
Interesting...I wonder what the difference is between this and the original Neuros. I was always kind of intrigued by the Neuros, but scared off by its bulk and the negative comments it got from most people who tried it.

Nov 13, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybar
but scared off by its bulk

I remember the pics of the first one. It was supposed to be a hybrid flash/HD player.. 128 MB without the backpack, 20 GB with the backpack.

Without the backpack, it was bigger than 99% of your HD players out at the time, and with it, it was just a monster.. hope this one is better.

The only main appeal to it for me at the time was Vorbis support. That's rampid now on the Karma and iRiver models, so Neuros will have to work a little harder..

Nov 13, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 5
It's not any smaller they just added usb 2.0 it's still gigantic and still does not do any of the features it mentions very well. Austin from DAPreview.com refused to even review it.

Nov 13, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 5
Not sure what your using for an MP3 now but have you looked at the iPod.

The iPod is smaller (less bulky) and can be easily controlled with 1 hand. This one is improving itself by adding a USB port. iPod uses a USB or Firewire (must faster than USB) for music transfer.

iPod would cost you more and you would loose the FM transmitter which should not be a big deal since your buying an MP3 to bring your with you rather than be stuck with what a DJ throws at you.

Go to a store and put the iPod in your hand. I think you'll be inpressed compared to this.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back