Neumann NDH 20 sometimes loses right audio channel, cause?
Mar 22, 2021 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

enomiss

Head-Fier
I have a weird (I think) problem.
I have a new PC, DAC, AMP, and headphone. I say new... everything is roughly 2 months old.

DAC: Topping E30
AMP: Topping L30
Headphone: Neumann NDH 20

Sometimes the right channel disappears or seems to become weaker (to disappear).

It happened several times when I fixed it by removing the cable from my headphone from the side of my my headphone and plugging it back in.
--->This made me think it could be a loose contact inside the headphone. But the 3.5 mm jack on the right ear cup fits super tight, it doesn't feel loose in anyway. The cable also seems in good condition, nothing weird happened with it.

It happened twice on the same song which had a lot of switched between the left and right channel.
--->This made me think it could be software/DAC related.

It once got weaker on the right channel and when it happened and I turned the volume knob on my AMP, it seemed to suddenly disappeared completely, so it had some sort of impact. I could hear that things were changing until it popped away completely from the right channel.
--->This made me think it could be AMP related.

Or maybe it is a broken driver in the right ear cup?

Does anyone know what the cause could be for the audio loss on the right ear cup? I'm lost.... which device I need to RMA?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 6
I have the same problem. Cable is not the issue. It randomly comes back at times.
It sounds like the cable isn't locked into position. Insert and twist to lock.

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 6
Done that probably 100 times. No fix. What helped at times was to plug it into a powerful amp and increase the volume. Would then work again for some time. As said, don’t think it’s the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back