Neuhaus Laboratories T-2 Amplifier (DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY)
May 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

christophhh

New Head-Fier
Just picked up a pair of HE-500's and I wanted to make sure my amp was suited for them. 

Currently I have a Neuhaus Laboratories T-2 Amplifier in my setup. I know everyone is saying you want to have the proper fitting amp for these headphones, like the schiit lyr (I have a bitfrost right now). Wondering if the specs of this amp will be a good fit for the HE-500's or if I should snag a Schiit Lyr dedicated for these headphones. Any thoughts are appreciated! 

My current full setup:

- Ascend Sierra-1's
- Schiit Bitfrost
- Neuhaus T-2 Amp
- Hifiman HE-500's (on the way, also wondering if these are legit with the T-2)

May 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 4
If you are thinking of buying Neuhaus amps, I'd strongly suggest a re-think coz' I have a very
bad personal experience with Neuhaus labs.

I used to own one of their T-2 amps.

At the start, it was a very good sounding amp for the price.

Unfortunately something inside the amp exploded only after a few months of usage.
It was still under the "1 year" warranty but after exchanging a few e-mails about my problem, the company simply refused to respond to my requests for repairs under the warranty.

I have since moved on (thankfully) to a Yarland FV34a tube amp.

May 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 4
Hmm.. it sounds pretty awesome to me paired with the ascends.. just thought maybe for $800 since I'm not even using the DAC, there might be a better use of that much money. Maybe not? As long as it doesn't break, I'm pretty happy with it. 

Although the headphone jack, when paired with the HE-500's can be turned up ALL the way and it doesn't get very loud.. I have no idea how that is possible? When paired with the speakers, I can barely touch the volume knob without significantly increasing the loudness. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 4
This company is absolutely terrible. I've emailed them many, many times with zero response. 

The T-2 does not work properly and it has serious radio feedback (every other link in the system has been ruled out). 

Pretty unbelievable. Do not order from this company. If anyone knows how to get in touch with these people, that would be appreciated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back