Neu!
Jan 23, 2002 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wab

500+ Head-Fier
Allright, this is my latest addiction: Neu! I got their Neu!, Neu! 2 and Neu! '75 albums from the library yesterday and I just can't stop listening!

Neu! is a german band from the 70's consisting of two former kraftwerk members. They apparently had great influence on modern prog/avant/math-rock bands.

Right now I feel music doesn't get any better than this
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2002 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by wab
Allright, this is my latest addiction: Neu! I got their Neu!, Neu! 2 and Neu! '75 albums from the library yesterday and I just can't stop listening! (...)
Right now I feel music doesn't get any better than this

Glad you are into this sort of obscure stuff too. These German "experimental" bands of the 70's coined some sort of Progressive Rock known as KRAUTROCK, and in this same vein I would recommend these other great German bands/albums:

- CAN - Saw Delight, Monster Movie & Future Days
- AMON DÜÜL II - Wolf City & Yeti
- NEKTAR - Journey to the Centre of the Eye

Jan 23, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 5
I have loved Neu since I first heard them in the late 70s. I remember it was late at night, I was listening to the radio over headphones, and they played "Fur Immer" - I was blown away! If you can imagine how bad 70s rock was, to hear this innovative, interesting German music was like a breath of fresh air. Even today it sounds good, though a little old-fashioned (I recently picked up Neu 2 on CD).

I note that the Neu records have also been reissued on LP, except I suspect that they have been digitally mastered (great pity), so I won't be picking these up.

Incidentally, I don't believe that the Neu founders were ex-Kraftwerk, though I could be wrong.

Ross

Jan 23, 2002 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Ross
(...)I don't believe that the Neu founders were ex-Kraftwerk, though I could be wrong.

Yes, [size=small]NEU![/size] was formed by two ex-Kraftwerk members indeed, Klaus Dinger and Michael Rother, who had joined Kraftwerk around 1972, but according to the info I have the stuff they recorded together (about 35 minutes of music, enough for a short album) remains unreleased to this day.

Jan 24, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Ross
(...) If you can imagine how bad 70s rock was (...)

Seventies Rock BAD????!!!... Maybe you meant to refer to the 80's??... Because, at least to me, 70's were the heyday of Rock history. How many great stuff from that period, and you say 70s rock was bad??...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back