Netflix?
Mar 1, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #46 of 51
You aren't necessarily "cheap" if you rent a lot of movies. There are many movie fanitics that find the time to watch several films a week. I frequently visit DVD forums as well and a lot of members have well over a thousand DVD's in their collection. It isn't any weirder than headphone addicts here that spend thousands of dollars constantly upgrading, modding, recabling, etc. Renting a lot of movies isn't "cheating" the system because Netflix promises "unlimited" movies. If Netflix can't handle it, they should raise prices or put a cap on their three out plan per month at say 10 movies. Netflix also offers larger plans like 6 out or 8 out per month, but those users get throttled as easily as the three out renters.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #47 of 51
I just want to make sure I understand how Netflix works. Say you get 3 DVD at a time, you receive them then return them the same day, then the next 3 come in the next day, so theoretically speaking the most you can get is 21 DVD's per week. Am I correct?

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
I normally am against renting movies because it's a straight expense....I just buy them, then I at least have the movie. However I've just discovered what a great deal Netflix appears to be. 10 bucks a month, free shipping, huge selection. Especially for anime which tends to be person expensive. Apparently you can rent the 8 disc Fullmetal Alchemist series indefinately, which I could watch at my leisure, undubbed. Hellsing, Gunslinger Girl, others. Anyone have any bad things to say?

Netflix is a great great company. Not a single flaw. The whole being able to keep whatever movie you want for as long as you want really makes it golden.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I just want to make sure I understand how Netflix works. Say you get 3 DVD at a time, you receive them then return them the same day, then the next 3 come in the next day, so theoretically speaking the most you can get is 21 DVD's per week. Am I correct?

They dont send out new movies until they "receive" the ones you've sent back. So unless you happen to live REALLY close to a shipping center, most likely you won't have a new movie the next day - not that you would anyways if you continued that pace cuz they'd throttle you so fast.

Mar 2, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #51 of 51
I sent back 3 movies Monday morning, and got 3 new ones in the mail today, Wednesday. Netflix rules. Blockbuster sucks ass. Best thing about Netflix is that I can choose movies at my leisure (usually while I am at work
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back