Net MD Vs. MP3?
Nov 14, 2005 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ah_long

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I have an Ipod Shuffle, and I am looking @ the Sony MD players... esp the old model NetMD N10 or sth like that... how does the sound quality compare?

Nov 14, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Sound quality is fine in comparison, but just for the sake of practicality, do not bother getting one. It really is a Pain In The A**.

Ha ha, I have to agree 100% with bangraman. The newer HiMD are a bit better, but its still a pain compared to an MP3 player. I have a Shuffle, Zen Micro and MD/HiMD and I use device I use most as a player is a Shuffle. Mainly because its so easy to carry and sounds great. If you really want to use a load of disks, need to record, or really don't want to use a computer then a MD/HiMD is decent alternative. I use mine primarily to record.

For me the Shuffle and MD/HiMD SQ is very close. Especially with the 352kps that you can get on HiMD. I don't use PCM for playback. I don't find it noticeably better than 352kps. Perhaps I'd need better earphones to hear a difference. But I'd still say the Shuffle sounds a little more detailed than the MD/HiMD. The MD still sound great though.

I'd see no point in getting a NetMD instead of a low end HiMD though. The HiMD is much better than a NetMD, except in battery life. MD and HiMD media (the disks) are very cheap though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back