Net MD and Simple Burner questions
post-159896
Post #1 of 4

reynman

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I love my R900 and really do not mind the real time recording from CD to MD, but....if I can find something to make me get my music faster I'm all for it.

I am planning on buying the Sony's 505 Net MD. I've researched a few of the MD websites. I've heard the pros/cons of Sony's Open MG Jukebox software. I will only use it for titling. I will not use it for MP3 - MD transfers. I will be using the Simple Burner software for CD (computer) - MD transfers.

For those of you who have experience using Simple Burner, does it do the job? Is it faster than using Open MG because bypass having the tracks saved/moved to my HD? If so how much faster. What's is the sound quality of the CD-MD transfer? Is the max transfer rate still 132 for LP2?

Other comments would be helpful.

Thanks.

Regards - reynman

post-160083
Post #2 of 4

Loud_TIGER

Head-Fier
Reaction score
simple burner will go as fast as your cdrom can rip and your processor can encode. u would think it's slower than OpenMG, but in reality it's much faster. it also saves you a lot of time because the entire process is one step. you load SimpleBurner, and click the "CD->MD" icon and bam it's done in about 3-5 minutes. it only sends in LP2 and LP4 (same w/ OpenMG) but LP2 mode sounds decent enough to me. not that big a difference really.

post-160157
Post #3 of 4

reynman

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Loud_TIGER,

Just the comments I was looking for, thanks.

Regards - reynman

post-160240
Post #4 of 4

Magicthyse

Better to look good than to sound good!
Reaction score
Er.. well, it depends entirely on your PC setup. If you have a major machine, 5 minutes is about par for the course.

Slow-ripping drives (like LG in my experience) will also increase the time.

If you have a crappy machine - read anything below 1Ghz with <512MB RAM - it will be considerably slower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)